This job opportunity is located in Charleston, West Virginia Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet! This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities Do you have the desire to take your career to the next level? Our team has a new opening for a Development Director. This position will be responsible for Business Development, fund-raising and building powerful partnerships for local AHA events that bring together corporate partners, medical leaders, community leaders, and volunteers to raise awareness of heart disease and stroke. The Development Director is responsible for the annual revenue growth of the Ohio Valley Heart Ball, Ohio Valley Heart Walk, and Morgantown Heart Walk campaigns. Your Key Responsibilities will include:Apply Now
- Meeting revenue goals for each event by developing and maintaining relationships with corporate and community partners;
- driving new business development through corporate sponsorship sales, event tickets sales, auctions and open your heart pledges/individual giving);
- developing new company and Volunteer recruitment plans as well as driving income goals;
- developing and growing relationships with volunteers, sponsors, key corporate & community leaders;
- goal setting with corporate companies and individuals to raise funds and awareness, and networking within the local area;
- work with administrative staff on event day plans, Logistics and Data Management;
- execution of American Heart Association mission activities throughout the community with sponsors, donors and volunteers.
- having a bachelor’s degree or some college coursework and/or at least 3 years of corporate sales or Fundraising experience is important;
- you will want to have proven success in achieving assigned revenue goals;
- you should have the knowledge and ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and maintain relationships with top-level level volunteers/customers;
- we would like you to have excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and social skills;
- you are a self-starter who makes things happen;
- your experience in understanding and navigating corporate cultures to achieve goals will be invaluable;
- you are willing to work outside of standard hours in support of your events, sponsors and volunteers which may involve some evening and/or weekend work as needed;
- you able to travel within your territory daily as well as occasional travel to other locations.