Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA) Kabul, Afghanistan Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com. Project Summary: The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes. **Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position Position Summary: MSI is seeking a long-term Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), to lead the project's finance and administrative functions. The position will oversee Financial Management and reporting, procurement, Human Resources and security for this $50 million+ project. The DCOP reports to and works closely with the Chief of Party (COP) to ensure the effective overall management of the administrative, financial and personnel aspects of the project. The DCOP ensures smooth office operations that fully support and enable the completion of the project's technical work. They will serve as Acting COP as required. Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Provide overall leadership to the financial and administrative aspects of the project.
- Establish and oversee financial systems, including leading all budget planning and reporting.
- Work closely with partnering and subcontracting organizations to ensure rigorous financial and Contract Management.
- Develop and manage the project procurement system.
- Provide oversight to the human resources and recruitment function, including ensuring adherence to local laws.
- Ensure compliance with USAID's requirements and regulations, MSI's policies and procedures, and international best practices.
- Supervise and liaise with security contractors and ensure adherence to USAID's and MSI's security requirements.
- Liaise with counterparts in the MSI home office on the full complement of financial and administrative functions.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree or MBA is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in international development programming.
- At least four years of experience in a leadership position on a development project.
- At least three years of experience managing operations and financial Administration of a USAID- funded project.
- Experience managing project operations in conflict settings is preferred.
- Strong familiarity with Afghan government laws and regulations related to employment and operating a development project in Afghanistan.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Professional written and spoken fluency in English; fluency in Dari and/or Pashto.