UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and Development Projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.Background Information - BSSC
The UNOPS Bangkok Shared Service Centre (BSSC) is a Shared Services Centre (SSC) unit established for the purpose of providing internal, global, cost-effective transactional services which enhance the operational capacity of UNOPS and standardize systems and procedures. The BSSC, among other functions, carries out high-quality transactional services within the area of personnel contract Administration and payroll.
For young professionals, a job within UNOPS BSSC offers the opportunity to enter the United Nations system via crucial back office service delivery in an engaging and development-focused work environment as part of a dynamic and effective UN entity. BSSC jobs offer a platform of learning and exposure to UNOPS' operations and the greater UN system.Background Information - Job-specific
Under the guidance and supervision of the Data Reporting Specialist, who reports to the BSSC Payroll Manager, the Data Reporting Assistant will be required to support the BSSC users by providing them the data they requested. The incumbent is expected to abide by Security Policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
The Data Reporting Assistant will work closely with the personnel contract administration, payroll, and finance and accounting colleagues in BSSC for business requirements, as well as ICT colleagues in UNOPS HQ for report development and deployment.Functional Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Data Extraction and Reporting
- Support creation of simple queries to extract data according to business needs and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Assist in the development of new reports in oneUNOPS ERP and Google BigQuery.
- Assist in modifying existing reports in terms of corrections and/or to meet users’ expectations.
- Provide report documentation and deployment details.
- Supports supervisor in Coordination with System Support, QA and ICT Reporting Team during the deployment process to assure quality of released reports.
2. User Support
- Provide highly specialized support related to reporting to users.
- Understand business needs and support users from an ICT perspective.
- Assist in the identification causes of issues and find solutions to fix and/or enhance the reports.
- Support coordination with System Support or related units to correct data, if necessary.
- Assist in creation of tools to help users to reduce manual work, if possible.
3. Providessupport to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training events for data reporting and related subjects.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and Communities of Practice
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge.
- Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Education: Completion of secondary school or equivalent required. A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, software engineering, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field may substitute for some of the required years of work experience.
- 4 years of relevant human resources or payroll or finance and accounting experience is required with a high school degree.
- Basic knowledge in SQL programming is required.
- Proficiency in Google Sheet and/or Microsoft Excel is preferable.
- Experience in UNIT4 Agresso ERP system is an asset.
- Experience in Google Script would be an advantage.
Language Requirements: Full working knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA-4
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
- Please nte that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.