- Enter daily activity updates captured through registers and other paper-based information into DHIS2 tracker
- Prepare and maintain a well organised filing system for paper and electronic documents – both patient-level and aggregate .
- Maintain up-to date logs of daily activities and completed work
- Assist in the Design and revision of Data Collection and reporting tools
- Provide user support for both mobile and desk-top DHIS2 applications.
- Maintaining up-to-date databases for different services provided by APC 2.0 (ART, PrEP, GBV, Index, TPT)
- Identify and amend data errors in paper and electronic records, maintain Change Management logs and make regular reports to the M & E officer
- Ensure proper use of office equipment and report any malfunctions.
- Ensure strict confidentiality in the use of clinical data and adhere to FHI360 ethical .
- Completing other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Health management experience
- Experience handling health data during data collection or Data Entry and ensuring data intergrity
- Demonstrated ability to meet the demands of high‐speed and high‐quality data entry
- Prior experience working with DHIS2 or any other Health Information managamennt system will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Ms Excel and Ms Access
- Proven ability to use the computer or any other device
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have written and verbal communication skills as well as good presentation skills.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Must have computer and technical skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature.
- Recognizes when to deviate from accepted practice when required.
- Decisions may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Contributes to process improvements that affect the department.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
- Minimum BGCSE/IGCSE and a professional certificate in computers or related field
- Completion of FHI 360’s Reseach and Ethics Training Curriculum Course is a plus
- Typically requires 0-3 years of data entry experience in the areas of Business Development, programs, research or clinical research.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) is a plus
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- Less than 10%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.