Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking a Data and Technology Specialist. The ideal candidate will be a key member of the group, supporting both internal and external information systems along with technology and innovation projects and solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle for a range of projects including, but not limited to, support for Data Architecture, databases, Data Analytics, business process Analysis, design and evaluation of commercial and custom applications, and evaluation of new technologies relevant to FFP requirements. The Specialist will monitor project risks and ensure compliance with all Agency and USG guidelines, policies, and procedures related to system operations, privacy, and Data Protection. This includes assisting in completing, submitting and tracking USAID’s Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Privacy Officer (CPO), and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) submissions and engaging with CIO and CPO program staff to ensure completion of required processes and compliance with CIO and CPO requirements. The specialist will also stay current with broader USAID, USG and industry information management solutions and strategies and evaluate opportunities to leverage corporate solutions and resources. The specialist will participate in projects from initial conception, through design, implementation, testing, final roll-out, training development, and ongoing support. She/he will support all aspects of the solution transfers process, working with project stakeholders, including award applicants, FFP managers, financial analysts, report writers, activity evaluators, CIO, CPO and CISO, contractor IT support, and FFP management, coordinating and managing the full range of activities required to successfully transition and maintain solutions. Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to, managing systems requirement definition, technology evaluation, system development, Coordination with CIO and CPO staff, coordination with other USAID offices, system security monitoring, training, and user support. She/he will serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for her/his assigned projects, supporting internal and external decision making in coordination with the Team Lead. The position requires a high level of coordination among internal stakeholders with competing needs and priorities; it requires providing guidance and options to management about appropriate solutions. The specialist will have the skills to coordinate and manage multiple, complex activities professionally, simultaneously. The specialist must be able to communicate technical information to FFP stakeholders in clear and simple terms. He/she must also have the skills necessary to “translate” FFP operational requirements to technical designs and translate final project technical design concepts back to the functional teams. FFP is a busy, dynamic, and highly complex office and the successful candidate must be flexible in responding to changing needs and priorities. The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with excellent follow through and communication skills, along with a strong attention to detail and accuracy. This person will be responsible for ensuring other staff and contractors complete necessary work assignments on time and accurately. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS Education/Experience:Apply Now
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience; or
- Less than BS/BA with 5 years of relevant experience
- MS/MA/MB with 3 years of relevant experience
- JD/ABD with 2.5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working closely with customers to understand requirements and identify and management solutions.
- Professional or academic experience managing complex projects including functional and technical requirements development, technical design, Software Development and testing, and user support.
- Knowledge of, coursework or experience in technology and innovation.
- Knowledge of, coursework or experience in Data Management, analytics or visualization.
- Knowledge of, coursework or experience with technology and innovation, such as Block Chain, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
- Knowledge of, coursework or experience on private sector engagement.
- Experience and knowledge of existing USG, USAID and/or FFP structures and processes.
- Additional education/training in technology and innovation – including both academic and work related courses.