Credit Risk Management Officer – Sao Paulo, Brazil
Background: Do you have a strong experience in the Corporate and Project Finance transactions? What about joining our team in Sao Paulo?
The team: The Credit Risk Management (MCR) Division of the Risk Management Department (RSM) is responsible for developing and leading all aspects of credit risk policies, parameters and procedures; reviewing credit and investment proposals submitted to the Department, assessing risk and supporting the internal credit approval process; participating in the project portfolio supervision process to validate risk rating assessments; and strengthening our capacity to identify and balance the credit risk present in its lending operations and treasury activities (including investments and financial derivatives portfolios). The MCR Division works closely with Investment Officers and other internal clients to find opportunities to add value beyond compliance and risk mitigation to help insure developmental impact and sustainability.
What you will do:
You will support the origination, execution, and monitoring of corporate and project finance transactions and provide independent technical risk assessments of IDB Invest’s transactions, identifying issues to be addressed by various business areas, and offer potential solutions and alternatives.
- Perform the independent credit risk assessment of sophisticated corporate and project finance transactions, including reviewing and providing advice on financing structures, financial documents, consultant reports, financial models, and legal documentation in order to fully assess resulting credit risk and possible mitigants to assigned transactions.
- Be part of multidisciplinary teams in the Analysis of prospective transactions and make recommendations to mitigate the identified key credit risks, as part of the credit approval process.
- Review and ratify the internal credit risk ratings applicable to the transactions assigned, considering all dimensions involved, including borrower risks, transaction structure risks, and the macro/regulatory environment, as well as the envisioned probability of default, loss-given default, and expected recoveries.
- Review the portfolio of non-sovereign guaranteed operations and undertake periodic annual reviews.
- Prepare written credit risk assessments including a credit recommendation on the counterparty's risk profile/rating in accordance with our credit policy and guidelines and documentation standards.
- Formulate well-reasoned recommendations and persuasively communicate recommendations at required committees and to senior management.
- Provide mentorship and advice to origination teams by applying best practices and lessons learned from experience with similar transactions.
- Review and evaluate waivers and amendments presented by the Portfolio Management and Origination Divisions.
- Work closely with the Special Assets Division on troubled debt restructurings to identify suitable debt restructuring strategy, steer jointly with that Division and other partners in the IDB Invest the recovery efforts and propose loan provisions.
- Use an array of analytical tools, risk management models and methodologies to measure IDB Invest credit risk exposure for assigned projects and ensure that all transactions operate inside of clearly established limits.
- Collaborate in the Design and Administration of Training Programs on credit issues and topics.
- Education: Master’s in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in similar position. You will also possess confirmed analytical skills and seeking innovative solutions.
Link to Core & Technical Competences (← please Ctrl + Click)Opportunity Summary:
- Type of contract: Staff, fixed term
- Length of contract: 3 years
- Start date: Upon mutual agreement with candidate
- Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of private investment development fields, including infrastructure and energy, corporates, Financial Institutions, financial and non-financial products and services, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral organization committed to the development of the private sector of Latin America and the Caribbean by financing loans, equity investments, and guarantees. In addition, IDB Invest partners with clients to provide advisory and training services.
IDB Invest is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
IDB Invest offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting serviceAdditional Information