IDB Invest - Credit Risk Management Consultant
Background: We are looking for a Credit Risk Management Officer with strong experience in infrastructure and Energy Projects (project finance and corporates transactions).
The team: The Credit Risk Management (MCR) Division of the Risk Management Department (RSM) is responsible for developing and leading all aspects of credit risk policies, parameters and procedures; reviewing credit and investment proposals submitted to the Department, assessing risk and supporting the internal credit approval process; participating in the project portfolio supervision process to validate risk rating assessments; and strengthening our capacity to identify and balance the credit risk present in its lending operations and treasury activities (including investments and financial derivatives portfolios). The MCR Division works closely with Investment Officers and other internal clients to find opportunities to add value beyond compliance and risk mitigation to help ensure developmental impact and sustainability.
What you’ll do:
Work with credit Risk Officers by:
- Supporting the origination, execution, and monitoring of infrastructure and energy projects (project finance and corporate transactions) and providing independent risk assessments, identifying issues to be addressed by various business areas, and offering potential solutions and alternatives to mitigate identified risks.
- Performing the independent credit risk assessment of sophisticated infrastructure and energy projects (project finance and corporate transactions in the fields of energy, transportation, social infrastructure and water and sanitation), including reviewing and providing advice on financing structures, financing documents, consultant reports, financial models, and legal documentation in order to fully assess resulting credit risk and possible mitigants to assigned transactions.
- Being part of multidisciplinary teams in the Analysis of prospective transactions and making recommendations to mitigate the identified key credit risks, as part of the transaction approval process.
- Reviewing internal credit risk ratings applicable to the transactions assigned, considering all dimensions involved, including borrower risks, transaction structure risks, and the macro/regulatory environment, non-financial risks, as well as the envisioned probability of default, loss-given default, and expected recoveries.
- Supporting the review of the portfolio of non-sovereign guaranteed operations and undertaking periodic annual reviews, identifying early problems and maintaining updated the credit risk rating.
- Preparing written credit risk assessments including a credit recommendation on the counterparty's risk profile/rating in accordance with our credit policy, guidelines and documentation standards.
- Contributing to the formulation of well-reasoned recommendations and persuasively communicating recommendations at required committees and to senior management.
- Helping in the evaluation of all material waivers and amendments presented by the Investment Operations Department.
- Working closely with the Special Assets Division on troubled debt restructurings to identify suitable debt restructuring strategies and appropriate loss provisions, supporting recovery efforts jointly with that Division and other partners in IDB Invest.
- Using an array of analytical tools, risk management models and methodologies to measure IDB Invest credit risk exposure for assigned projects and ensuring that all transactions operate within limits.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: Master’s in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience for a level II and a minimum of ten years of relevant experience por a level III. You will also possess confirmed analytical skills and an ability to seek innovative solutions.
- Languages: You are proficient in English and Spanish.
Type of contract: Full Time Consultant
Length of contract: Up to 36 month
Starting date: To be defined with the candidate
Location: Panama City, Panama
Requirements: You have no family members currently working at the IDB Group
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of private investment development fields, including infrastructure and energy, corporates, financial institutions, financial and non-financial products and services, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
About us: IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral organization, committed to the development of the private sector of Latin America and the Caribbean by financing loans, equity investments, and guarantees. In addition, IDB Invest partners with clients to provide advisory and training services
Visa and Work Permit: The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may submit a visa request to the applicable immigration authorities; however, the granting of the visa is at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Notwithstanding, it is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the necessary visa or work permits required by the authorities of the country(ies) in which the services will be rendered to the Bank. If a candidate cannot obtain a visa or work permit to render services to the Bank the Consultant offer will be rescinded
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting service.Additional Information