Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the UNV AS Regional Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Covid-19 Response Associate will:
- Support the implementation of the COVID-19 Regional Action Plan, including supporting the functioning of a Secretariat for to the COVID-19 Regional Response Task Force (RRT-C19);
- Support the development of the regional strategy document and roadmap for UNV COVID-19 2.0 that takes into account UNV mobilization needs for recovery support and post-lockdown activities, in delivery of UNV’s role to identify partners’ operational bottlenecks and meet their business needs;
- In conjunction with the UNV Regional Office for Arab States and headquarters colleagues, , the N-UNV will support the research for and writing of COVID 2.0 communication materials, and delivering updates on best practice to the regional team and the Regional Response Task Force (RRT-C19);
- Establish tailored communication materials for funding organisations as and when funding opportunities are identified;
- Support Talent Pool needs-assessment for key countries to inform recruitment calls for profiles in socioeconomic/recovery dimensions;
- In conjunction with the UNV ROAS Communications Associate, monitor partners' Social Media and publications to identify entry points for UNV in terms of funding or mobilization
- Oversee continued updating of the deployment tracker by Field Units and the continued sharing and auditing of UNV information globally on Teams Space;
- Support the development and implementation of a tailored on-boarding of the UNV SVF funded cohort to facilitate their understanding of UNV and the UN system.
- Support the drafting of a short report on the effect of the interventions of the 14 UNV SVF Volunteers on COVID response and recovery in the Arab Region, collecting supervisors/host entities feedback and testimonies, results achieved;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in supporting development and multilateral issues or other relevant programmes;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with Database Management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent