The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Organizational ContextThe International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Reporting to IFRC CCST Program Coordinator and with technical supervision of APRO Covid-19 Operation Coordinator, the Operation Managers provides operational leadership to ensure to Coordination and management of resources required for effective and efficient implementation of Domestic Response Plan related to Indonesia COVID-19 Operation. S/he will coordinate the operation and managing technical coordination with PMI COVID-19 Technical National team at NHQ Level.
The Operation Manager will work in collaboration with Movement Partners, including PMI NHQ, ICRC and Partner National Societies, as well as Non-movement coordination mechanism at a country level. The position is based in Jakarta, with travel to some priority areas, were possible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Design and implementation of Domestic Response Plan (DRP) operations is based on frameworks and approaches that are consistent with national and international standards and guidelines, as well as IFRC policies, procedures and tools.
- Support IFRC COVID-19 operations cell and PMI (Indonesian Red Cross) counterparts in achieving planned outcomes and deliverables under DRP operations through the development of activity plans, budgets, schedules, and reports.
- Based on regular monitoring of plans and budgets and liaison with PMI, work closely with counterparts at PMI and the IFRC COVID-19 cell to initiate revisions to the Domestic Response Plan and associated budget, based on the needs of PMI and the operation, and liaise with the operations coordinator in APRO to seek approval for revisions.
- Coordinate Technical Support to all areas of the operation liaising with technical focal points regularly to ensure smooth implementation.
- Ensure that IFRC Indonesia COVID-19 operation cell prepare accurate and timely operational analyses, monthly operational highlights and other updates; as well as deliver inputs for pledge based and standard reports.
- Support PMI in the achievement of planned outcomes and deliverables following quality standards, timelines and within budgets.
- Manage operational budgets to ensure that expenditure relating to IFRC-supported emergency operations is within income and approved ceilings, in compliance with IFRC finance procedures and in line with pledge earmarking requirements.
- Ensure sound financial management is applied to DRP operations, that budgets are monitored, any problems are identified, and solutions implemented in timely and effective manner.
- Ensuring that all supporting legal document such as project agreement are updated and sensitize among partners.
- Initiate and coordinate regular meetings with support and technical staff working regarding the operation to share information and address emerging issues.
- Coordinate closely with Partnerships delegate and Senior Management Team regarding pledge management to ensure that donors receive timely communications regarding arising issues.
- Relevant university education or an equivalent of qualifying experience (10 years)
- Basic Delegates Training Course (BTC) or IMPACT or equivalent knowledge is preferred
- ERU, FACT or RDRT training is preferred
- At least 6 years of emergency/crisis Disaster Management experience, including managing staff
- Field experience in coordinating disaster and Crisis Management operations
- At least 3 years of work experience with RC/RC, preferably in Indonesia context
- Experience in project cycle management including proposal development, budgeting and reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Experienced in result-oriented Movement and External Coordination
- Experience working with financial systems, preferably have sound understanding of IFRC system is preferred
- Working for a humanitarian/non-profit making organization at the local level
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Effective team and project management skills
- Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the Indonesian context
- Good mentoring and Capacity Development skills
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Strong demonstrable skills and expertise in Capacity Building in emergencies
- Good skills in training, facilitation and presentations
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Exceptional organizational ability with an eye for detail
- Self-supporting in computers
- Documentation preparation/presentation and computer-based production skills
- Able to work independently and as part of the team
- Excellent stress management skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Valid international driving license (manual gears) is preferred