The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both societies at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
In most cultures, volunteerism is deeply embedded in long-established, ancient traditions of sharing and support within the communities. In this context, UN Volunteers take part in various forms of volunteerism and play a role in development and peace together with co-workers, host agencies and local communities
Duties and Responsibilities
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the UNV Regional Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the consultant will be requested to:
- Support the implementation of the Covid-19 Regional Action Plan, including serving as a Secretariat for to the COVID-19 Regional Response Task Force (RRT-C19);
- Support the development of the regional strategy document and roadmap for UNV COVID-19 2.0 that considers UNV mobilization needs for recovery support and post-lockdown activities, in delivery of UNV’s role to identify partners’ operational bottlenecks and meet their business needs;
- In conjunction with a COVID-19 research associate, the consultant will support the research for and writing of COVID 2.0 communication materials, and delivering updates on best practice to the regional team and the Regional Response Task Force (RRT-C19);
- Establish tailored communication materials for funding organisations as and when funding opportunities are identified;
- Support Talent Pool needs-assessment for key countries to inform recruitment calls for profiles in socioeconomic/recovery dimensions;
- In conjunction with the UNV ROAS Communications Associate, monitor partners' social media and publications to identify entry points for UNV in terms of funding or mobilization
- Oversee continued updating of the deployment tracker by Field Units and the continued sharing and auditing of UNV information globally on Teams Space;
- Oversee the on-boarding of the COVID-19 N-UNV Cohort supporting the UN partners to response to the COVID-19 and impact on host governments, including the leveraging of SVF-funded volunteers by establishing communication channels, buddying and mentoring to support the expansion of volunteerism ;
- Support the drafting of a short report on the effect of the interventions of the 14 UNV SVF Volunteers on COVID response and recovery in the Arab Region, collecting supervisors/host entities feedback and testimonies, results achieved;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Ethics and Values
- Organizational Awareness
- Working in Teams
- Communicating Information and Ideas
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management / Negotiating and Resolving Disagreements
- Knowledge Sharing / Continuous LearningFunctional
- Excellent computer skills especially Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to the ideas, interests, and concerns of others;
- Builds trust and engenders morale by displaying open, transparent, and credible behavior;
- Respect individual/cultural differences; utilizes diversity to foster teamwork;
- Ensures others’ understanding of, involvement in, and adaptation to a change process.
Partnering and Networking:
- Initiates and sustains relationships with key constituents (internal /external /bilateral/ public/ private/ Government);
- Communicates sensitively and effectively across different constituencies.
- Proactive, problem-solving and result-oriented attitude;
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals;
- Generates innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations.
- Formulates written information clearly and persuasively
- Shares information openly with co-workers and partners while using discretion to protect confidences.
Job Knowledge and Expertise:
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to deal with project implementation;
- Ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with the regional and national counterparts;
- Practical knowledge and experience in operational approaches;
- Ability to build strong relationships with counterparts, focus on impact and result for the counterparts and respond positively to feedback;
- Consistent approach to work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Ability to lead effectively, mentoring and Conflict Resolution skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and in control while under pressure in an unsecure, hardship environment;
- Ability to work on his/her own and take initiatives when and if needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Politics and Philosophy or any related field.
Years of Experience
- At least one year of experience of report writing in the area of crisis-response and development;
- Previous professional experience in the region of Arab State;
- Experience in working with high level counterparts and engaging with international organization
- Excellent reporting and writing skills. Fluency and working proficiency in written and spoken English.
- The individual is required to exhibit his or her full-time commitment with UNV-AS during the number of working days specified in the contract;
- S/He shall perform tasks under the general guidance and direct supervision of the UNV Regional Manager, Arab states. The supervision of the Regional Manager will include approvals/acceptance of the outputs as identified in the previous section;
- The individual is expected to liaise and collaborate in the course of performing the work with other UN colleagues;
- The individual is required to maintain close communication with UNV-AS on regular and needed basis at any period throughout the assignment in order to monitor progress. In the event of any delay, s/he will inform UNDP promptly so that decisions and remedial action may be taken accordingly;
- Should UNV deem it necessary, it reserves the right to commission additional inputs, reviews or revisions, as needed to ensure the quality and relevance of the work.
DURATION OF THE WORK
The duration of the work is expected to be 60 Working Days over a period of 4 Calendar Months from contract signature date.
SCOPE OF PRICE PROPOSAL AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
Interested candidates should provide lump sum fees for requested services with detailed breakdown. This amount must be “all-inclusive”. Please note that the terms “all-inclusive” implies that all costs (professional fees,, communications, consumables, etc.) that could possibly be incurred are already factored into the final amounts submitted in the proposal. Also, please note that the contract price will be Deliverables/Outputs based - not fixed - subject to change in the cost components.
The contractor will be paid an all-inclusive Deliverables/Outputs based lump sum amounts over the assignment period, subject to the submission of Certification of Payment (CoP) duly certified or an invoice and confirmation of satisfactory performance of achieved work (deliverables/outputs) in line with the schedule of payments table mentioned in Procurement Notice.
RECOMMENDED PRESENTATION OF OFFER
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Candidates that fail to submit the required information will not be considered.
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided by UNDP;
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
- Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided. If an Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP.
Interested candidates shall submit above documents to the Job Advertisement Website: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_jobs.cfm as one document not later than 9th June 2020.
Interested candidates can find Procurement notice, letter of confirmation of interest and availability and P11 http://procurement-notices.undp.org/
Please do not submit financial proposal in this stage. Financial proposal shall be requested from Candidates who are considered technically responsive .
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
Step I: Screening and desk review:
Applications will be first screened and only candidates meeting the following minimum requirements will progress to the pool for shortlisting:
Bachelor’s degree in Politics and Philosophy or any related field
- At least one year of experience of report writing in the area of crisis-response;
- Fluency and working proficiency in written and spoken English.
Technical evaluation Criteria max 100 points (Weighted 70):
- Bachelor’s degree in Politics and Philosophy or any related field(30 points).
- At least one year of experience of report writing in the area of crisis-response and development;
- (20 points).
- Previous professional experience in the region of Arab State (30 points).
- Experience in working with high level counterparts and engaging with international organization (10 points).
- Fluency and working proficiency in written and spoken English. (10 points).
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation
For those offers considered in the financial evaluation, the lowest price offer will receive 30 points. The other offers will receive points in relation to the lowest offer, based on the following formula:
(PI / Pn)* 30 where Pn is the financial offer being evaluated and Pl is the lowest financial offer received.
Step II: Final evaluation
The final evaluation will combine the scores of the desk review and the financial proposal with the following weights assigned to each:
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the cumulative Analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the Individual Consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: 70%
Financial Criteria weight: 30%
Only Individual Consultants obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70%) on the Technical evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.