FHI 360 is a non-profit Human Development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Country Technical Lead, Better Health Programme (BHP) Thailand. The position is based in Bangkok, Thailand. The BHP Thailand is a 3.5-year programme funded by the UK Government’s Prosperity Fund and aims to reduce non-communicable disease (NCD) burden in Thailand by improving access to safe, quality care using equitable, ethical and sustainable approaches. The programme will accomplish this through the implementation of a set of activities in the following areas: 1) Strategies to Counter NCDs; 2) Health Education and Training; and 3) Provider Performance Improvement. Under the direction of the Associate Director/Technical Advisor, Health and Nutrition, the CTL will lead the efficient and effective delivery of BHP Thailand. Key Job ResponsibilitiesApply Now
- Develop the overall strategy for the programme at a country-level and work with the Regional BHP Team Leader for roll up to the regional strategy
- Oversee and manage delivery of the programme in Thailand from a technical perspective across all focus areas – NCDs, health education and training, and provider performance improvement – ensuring delivery of results and value for money
- Undertake high-level stakeholder engagement with the UK Government, Government of Thailand, service providers, industry associations, and other stakeholders.
- Engage with UK agencies, institutions and companies to support delivery of the programme
- Work closely with the Regional BHP Programme Management Office to ensure coherence with programme delivery regionally supporting the coherence of the program as a whole
- Provide deep country knowledge, including of political economy and country-specific challenges;
- Manage overall engagement with the client (FCO UK) in-country
- Must have at least 10 years of relevant experience in delivering Health Systems reform programmes or programmes focused on the identified thematic pillars – NCDs, health education and training, provider performance improvement;
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent in international development, medicine, public health, communications or related field; M.D., Ph.D. or its equivalent preferred.
- Experience in working in Thailand;
- Demonstrated success in working directly with governments, regulatory agencies, donors and other partners in public health and the broader healthcare sectors;
- Experience working with the UK Government (DFID, FCO, DIT etc) on international projects (desirable);
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate with others;
- Strong organizational and programme management skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver high-quality, on-time programme results;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing; and
- Fluent in written and oral Thai.