Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.Apply Now
ACTED YemenACTED has been present in Yemen since 2012 with a Coordination office in Sanaa, and 4 area offices in Ibb, Sa’ada, Aden and Al Hudaydah. The INGO intervenes in ten governorates of the country (Al Dhale’e, Al Hudaydah, Al Jawf, Ibb, Raymah, Sa’ada, Taizz, Hajja, Dhamar, Lahj), riddled by conflict since 2015. The charity provides emergency response, as well as deliver rehabilitation and Development Projects with WASH, shelter, food security and Agriculture-programming" id="link" class="link">Agriculture Programming, camp coordination and Camp Management, economic recovery and market systems, cash and voucher programming. After the start of the conflict, ACTED shifted strongly towards emergency programming, while remaining committed to longer-term livelihood and development strategies. The teams pursue programming in response to emergencies while building disaster resilience, co-constructing effective governance, and promoting inclusive and sustainable growth. Using a multi-sector approach, ACTED aims to comprehensively meet the needs of the most vulnerable displaced and host communities. You will be in charge of
- Context Analysis and risk assesment
- Security Assessments, auditing and Operational support Carry out security assessments and evaluations (MOSS self-assessment) in all ACTED area and update MOSS self-assessment forms in the SEC-28 Risk Analysis matrix. Update Security risks assessment, SOPs and other security documents as appropriate and share with Country Security Manager and all local staff and ensure the security notice rules are applied Offer appropriate security recommendations Ensure that each area has a proper communication procedure and a proper follow up of movement of staff and vehicles Carries out regular checks on hibernation kits and order replacement stock through logistics function Carries out regular checks of the fire safety plan and implementation of all ACTED premises in country Support the Country Security Manager to prepare and update the Hibernation/Relocation/Evacuation plan SEC-27 for all ACTED bases Support the Country Security Manager to prepare and update contingency plans SEC-26 to anticipate any high risk security event Support the Country Security Manager to prepare and update security notices SEC-31 are up to date for each ACTED/REACH area of intervention and make sure all ACTED/REACH staff are fully aware and prepared.
- Reporting Ensure Security TITANIC report is sent to Country Security Manager every month and then to HQ security department. Ensure that the Security Documents indentified above are shared with HQ security department for centralization and archiving.
Expected skills and qualificationsBachelor or Master Level education in Security studies or another relevant field such as International Relations Excellent analysis and synthesis skills 2-5 years previous work experience in a relevant position Proven capabilities in leadership and management required Excellent skills in written and spoken English Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms Ability to work well and punctually under pressure Previous experience in a difficult context
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances