You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Action Against Hunger
is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
GENERAL POSITION OBJECTIVES
The country Director is the maximum responsible of Action against Hunger in the mission and is in charge of overall mission management. His/her duties include, but are not limited to, strategy development, Project Cycle Management, supervision of the technical, logistics and admin departments, HR management, security management and external relations.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Overall responsibility for the mission’s strategy and Project Cycle Management:
Objective 2: Oversees the Logistics and Administrative Coordinators
- Monitors the political, socio-economic and humanitarian context and informs about it
- Follows the alerts in the country, informs the Desk and assures the availability of resources to respond to emergencies
- Ensures that the Country Strategy for Action against Hunger mission is drafted and updated in Coordination and consultation with HQ and mission team
- Reviews and monitors operational and projects/program implementation in coordination with the Coordination Team according to the local context and humanitarian and development needs
- Coordinates, oversees, reviews and validates the timely and correct implementation of assessments and the preparation of proposals for new interventions, of reports to donors, of internal reports, etc.
Objective 3: O
- Ensures that logistic systems and polices are implemented at the mission level and that financial control and risk management procedures are being used and respected.
- Defines a fundraising strategy (public and private donors) to channel resources for the Country Strategy implementation.
- Ensures local partners and line ministries receive regular financial and logistic update from Action against Hunger and monitors and controls the co-financing needs within the Mission
- Ensures proper archiving of logistic and admin/Finance Department documents
- Oversees the compliance of Administration and logistic requirements in coordination with the coordination team and in consultation with the lawyer
verall responsibility for the mission’s HR management:**
Objective 4: O
- Coordinates and follows up on activity planning of all the mission’s Deputy Positions and Coordination Team members
- Promote and follow up on adherence to our mandate, strategy, procedures and internal regulations within the mission
- Promotes the compliance with all HR processes and procedures (annual appraisals, Talent Management, recruitment, training, pay and benefits etc…)
verall responsibility for assessing the security situation and particular security incidents.**
Objective 5: Advocacy and External Relations
- Promotes, supports, leads and follows up on application of mission’s Security Guidelines by national and expatriate staff in coordination with mission team and consultation with HQ desk officer
- Explicitly assigns security-related responsibilities to the team.
- Defines, together with the rest of the team members, the preparations and implementation of the acceptance and protection strategy of the mission and establish the mission security training strategy
- Leads the Incident Management Team and the creation of the Mission Critical Incident Management Protocol.
- Negotiates with key stakeholders, such as donors, authorities, international and national partners, counterparts, beneficiaries, the press and other external actors
- Engages in active fund raising
- Participates in other NGOs advocacy strategy development and its revision if needed
- Coordination, consultation and support to HQ, Desk Officer and Advocacy Manager
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Knowledge/Studies in International Cooperation/development
- Humanitarian sector knowledge and experience (donors, emergency response projects, humanitarian Diplomacy)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in NGO management/coordination (Country Director Level)
- Experience within Action against Hunger desirable
- Knowledge of Action against Hunger and its technical areas of work
- Technical knowledge: Human Resources, representation skills, strategic and operational planning, team management and leadership, logistics, Project Cycle Management, data Analysis and reporting, security management)
- Fluent English; French and/or Spanish a plus
- National and international mobility
- Windows domain (Excel, Power Point, Word)
Our remuneration package:
We offer the incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Contract duration: 24 months
- No Family Status position
- Salary: 60.000 euro/gross /year
- Per diem and living expenses: Approx. 10.560 euro/year (to be pay in local currency)
- In addition, we will offer you a benefit packaged estimated in 21.500 euros/year. This packaged includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips to defined area
- Break Per Diem
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket
- Accommodation and housing expenses
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.