This job opportunity is located in Houston, Texas Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet! This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities We have an excellent opportunity for a Corporate Development Director, Heart Walk in Montgomery County. The director will support the Montgomery County Heart Walk which is goaled to raise 400k. The walk has a strong leadership team and solid sponsors and is poised for continued growth. All AHA events strive to bring together corporate partners, medical leaders, community leaders, and volunteers of the community to raise awareness of heart disease and stroke, the number #1 and #4 killer in America. The territory is the Montgomery County area. Local candidates from Spring, Conroe, The Woodlands, Willis, Magnolia, or Montgomery County are preferred. Job duties include:Apply Now
- Revenue generation and Volunteer management.
- Event Management and Logistics.
- Conducting sales calls to generate new business and manage existing companies.
- Developing relationships with volunteers, sponsors & key corporate & community leaders.
- Goal setting with corporate companies and individuals to raise funds and awareness.
- Coordinating event efforts.
- Networking within the local area and recruiting and retaining our valued volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management, proven track record in meeting sales/Fundraising goals.
- Organization, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Candidates must be results driven with the ability to multi task and must also be willing and able to travel within the assigned territory up to.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1½ years’ experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’ s educational requirement.
- Must have the ability to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets.