This job opportunity is located in Woodlands, Texas Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet! This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Corporate Development Director, Go Red for Women (GRFW) fundraiser in one of our most successful divisions in the country in Greater Houston, Texas. Youwill have Fundraising responsibilities for one of the Go Red for Women campaigns by bringing together corporate support, alongside community leaders and volunteers of the Montgomery County community to raise awareness of heart disease and stroke. The fundraising goal for the Go Red for Women campaign individual net fundraising goal of this position is $500k. A successful candidate will:Apply Now
- Generate revenue for the Go Red for Women movement.
- Build relationships to generate new business and manage existing company pipeline.
- Develop and deepen relationships with volunteers, sponsors, key corporate and community leaders to further the AHA’s mission in Montgomery County.
- Expand the AHA’s reach into the philanthropic community of individuals to raise funds and awareness.
- Network within the local area, to help recruit and retain our valued volunteers.
- Accomplish results through strong Volunteer recruitment, proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- In Coordination with the events team, organize the Logistics for the Montgomery County Go Red for Women Luncheon and year-round calendar of supportive events.
- Candidates must be results driven with the ability to multitask.
- Travel daily within the assigned territory (Montgomery County) up to 75% per week – a minimum of 8-10 revenue generating meetings a week.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’sdegree from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1½ years’ experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
- Musthave at least 2 years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity.
- Musthave the ability to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Musthave at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets.