The UNDP requires services for the development of up to 50 (fifty) communications products enhancing the organization’s outreach towards key stakeholders and the public, within preparations for marking of the UNDP’s 25 years of development work in Bosnia and Herzegovina. These products include human interest stories, social media content, interviews, opinion pieces and blogposts, focusing on the impact of UNDP’s work on end beneficiaries and quality of their lives. He/she will be tasked to identify stories of value, recommend copy format, capture and write produce/copywrite the content in a clear, appealing, engaging and easy-to-understand language. Objective The objective of the assignment is to produce/copywrite high quality content featuring results of UNDP’s actions for multiple channels/platforms in an appealing, clear and people-centered manner. Background Information The United Nations Development Programme in BiH, with the support of UNDP's global network, has been helping the country to attract and use international assistance since 1996. UNDP works in close collaboration with the governmental institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina at all levels through the key Ministries, Departments and Agencies. UNDP in Bosnia and Herzegovina focuses on following programme areas: Democratic Governance and Social Inclusion, Justice and Security, Rural and Regional Development, Energy and Environment, and Smart Cities/Digital Transformation. More information about UNDP is available on www.ba.undp.org.Apply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesScope of work
- Review the background documents and input provided by UNDP to obtain a better understanding of activities, key messages and context.
- Discuss and identify possible stories, social media content, interviews, opinion pieces and blogposts with Communications Unit and respective representatives of the projects.
- Propose and advise on visual materials (photos, illustrations, etc.) required to enrich a story/product.
- Gather all relevant information needed for production/copywriting, both by the desk review and by interviewing key stakeholders and beneficiaries featured in a story.
- Ensure UNDP Guidelines on Storytelling are followed, and values and goals of UNDP are reflected in each and any copywriten product. Ensure women and men are equally represented in stories.
- Translate project goals/results and human voices into personalized human stories appealing to the targeted audience.
- Provide UNDP with first drafts of the success human stories for comments/feedback by agreed deadline.
- Provide UNDP with revised drafts for comments / feedback by agreed deadline.
- Ensure timely incorporation of feedback received from UNDP into final drafts.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modeling UN values and ethical standards.
- Demonstrates professional competence and its conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Results-Orientation: Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals, generates innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations.
- Quality of Work: Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of work.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different audiences.
- Client orientation: Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with national partners and stakeholder. Ability to identify beneficiaries’ needs, and to match them with appropriate solutions.
- Building trust: Deals openly, honestly and transparently with issues, resources and people.
Required Skills and ExperienceAcademic Qualifications/Education
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Journalism & media, Public Relations, communications, literature, linguistics or other relevant studies
- At least 5 years of experience in journalism, photo journalism, copywriting, storytelling or similar field;
- Excellent storytelling/ copywriting skills and ability to translate complex ideas and technical jargon into a product that can layperson can comprehend and relate to
- Experience in copywriting proven by record (portfolio) of at least 20 published articles, human interest stories and/or content required under this ToR;
- Previous relevant experience with UNDP, other UN Agency and international organizations would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the issues related to the development work would be an advantage.
- Fluency in both written and spoken B/C/S languages is a must
- * Technical Criteria weight-70%
- * Financial Criteria weight- 30%
- Cover letter / explaining why the candidate is the most suitable for the work
- Provide minimum twenty (20) samples of copywriting / articles / human interest stories and/or content required under this TOR produced by the candidate in the past three (3) years
- Personal CV including experience relevant to this task and at least 3 references
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.