Parent Sector : Field Office Duty Station: Bangkok Job Family: Public Information Type of contract : Non Staff Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months Recruitment open to : External candidates Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 10-AUG-2020 UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST Organizational Unit: UNESCO Bangkok Office, Section for Educational Innovation and Skills Development Duration of Contract: 31 August to 12 October 2020 (6 weeks) Application Deadline: 10 August 2020 (Midnight Paris time) Long Description Background and Rationale Local Communities are the driving force of a sustainable society and a crucial part of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). With a view to strengthening its support to communities in the Asia-Pacific region in their efforts to advance towards the SDGs, UNESCO Bangkok launched the project ‘Promoting Community-based Education for Sustainable Development’. The aim of the project is to enhance the capacities of community-based, adult and/or non-formal educators to support communities in embedding learning in their pursuit of sustainable development by bringing the whole community together to reflect on and address their issues and concerns from sustainability perspectives. A conceptual framework named ‘Reflect-Share-Act’ and learning modules for this process were developed through the implementation of pilot projects in five countries in the region: India, Japan, Lao PDR, Mongolia, and Philippines. The pilot project in India was implemented in the state of Karnataka, led by the Centre for Environment Education (CEE) South. Further information about the project is available at this link: https://bangkok.unesco.org/content/promoting-community-based-education-sustainable-development  Details of the Reflect-Share-Act framework will be provided by UNESCO upon the selection of the consultant. SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT Scope of Assignment Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Bangkok, the supervision of the Chief of Section for Educational Innovation and Skills Development and direct guidance of the Programme Specialist, Future of Learning Team, the Individual Consultant shall undertake the following tasks to write an article about the project experience in Karnataka, India in close consultation with the project team in the country. .Apply Now
- Collect and analyze materials and stories needed to write the article under the advice of the project team in India, including through the following activities.
- Write an article in English about the project experience in Karnataka, India in the style of a human-interest feature story in a magazine. The article shall:
- An initial draft by 23 September 2020.
- Second draft by 5 October 2020.
- Final draft, incorporating and reflecting all the comments received from UNESCO Bangkok, by 12 October 2020.
- An up-to-date CV stating the details of educational qualifications and relevant experiences.
- Two or more samples of written work published in a public domain whether online or in print.
- A workplan detailing how you will carry out the tasks laid out under “Scope of Assignment” and expected fees for the work in United States dollars.