WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. ABOUT WFP The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION: University degree in mechanical engineering or technical diploma combined with at least 10 years of relevant practical experience. EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years (with degree)/10 years (technical diploma) of relevant working experience. At least 2 similar assignments with UN/Donors/NGOs . Proven relevant technical experience in challenging contexts. LANGUAGES: English fluent (written and verbal); Russian is an asset. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Proven practical skills applied in geographically remote contexts. Proven ability to work in team. Ability to plan own workload and meet set deadlines. Ability to coordinate across multiple stakeholders and communicate effectively at all levels. JOB PURPOSE Objective: To develop a technical strategy on the introduction and use of alternative/Climate Change adaptative energy sources as a part of an Implementation Strategy for Strategic Outcome 3 with specific target on sub-basins/watersheds/catchments as described in WFP Tajikistan CSP (2019-2024). Scope: Within the objective of the mission, under the direct supervision of a Team Leader, the incumbent will contribute to the validation/revision of Component II of a GCF-funded Project, identify innovative use of climate change adaptative energy sources for Agriculture/Livestock production, for housing as well as mean of diversified income generation at household and communal level. He/She will identify necessary equipment with technical specifications, identify opportunities for local production/assembling of necessary equipment and assess the necessary capacity needs, assess the potential for the establishment of small start-ups for youth related to energy sources as well as contribute to the draft of Calls for Proposals and tentative respective budgets for the implementation of the identified projects in the parts related to alternative energy sources.. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)Apply Now
- Analyze existing government policies, strategies and plans.
- Assess existence and impact of experiences on the use of innovative/climate change adaptative energy sources.
- Identify partnership opportunities with technical/Vocational Training centers and private sector actors.
- Field visits to identify feasible climate change adaptative energy sources.
- Identify contextualized use of identified climate change adaptative energy sources.
- Define, when possible, type of necessary equipment that can be produced/assembled locally.
- Define innovative potential activities, with technical specifications, for the overall WFP SO 3 Implementation Strategy as well as detailed activities to be proposed under the GCF-funded project in target sub-basins/watersheds/catchments through feasibility and technical studies within the framework of the objective of this assignment.
- Contribute to drafting Calls for Proposals and tentative respective budgets for the implementation of the identified projects on introduction and use of innovative/climate change adaptative energy sources
- Prepare Final Report