The objective of the Department of Nuclear Energy is to foster the efficient and safe use of nuclear power by supporting interested Member States in improving the performance of nuclear power plants, the nuclear fuel cycle, and the management of nuclear wastes; in catalysing innovation in nuclear power and fuel cycle technologies; in developing indigenous capabilities for national energy planning; in deploying new nuclear power plants; in preserving and disseminating nuclear information and knowledge; and in advancing science and industry through improved operation of research reactors.
The consultant will engage in enhancing and driving the mobilization of extrabudgetary resources for NE projects/project proposals.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Analyse project and financial data of NE projects proposals, identify their key project attributes and prepare reports for senior management review.
- Perform updates of prospective donor profiles in the donor database, including enhancement of reporting features of the database.
- Provide analysis of the funding priorities and trends of traditional and non-traditional donors.
- Assess and advise on the goodness of fit between projects and activities and prospective donors interests by identifying interested NE-partners in the private sector and foundations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Data and Information Analysis and Reporting
- Analysis of Best Practices
- Information Collection and Analysis
- Data Modelling
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in business development, international relations or a related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in performing relevant tasks.
- Good command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
The remuneration for this consultancy is a daily fee of up to a maximum of â¬ 220, based on qualifications and experience. In case duty travel is required within the assignment, a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and travel costs are provided. Health coverage and pension fund are the responsibility of the incumbent.