OVERVIEW / BACKGROUND Building on UNESCO's vision on how education and culture intersect and can be mutually beneficial and supportive, UNESCO launches an intersectoral initiative Education and Culture Together in Action to Advance the SDGs. This initiative aims to assist the Member States in their efforts to create relevant, constructive, and productive linkages between culture and education in their respective policies and programmes in view of advancing Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). WORK ASSIGNMENTS Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Regional Bureau for Sciences in the Arab States in Cairo and the direct supervision of the Programme Specialists for Education and Culture, the Individual Consultant will prepare a situation study (in Arabic with Executive Summary in English) on the recent, ongoing and planned national efforts in education and culture to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular SDG 4 on Quality Education, in Egypt. The study will gather verified, factual information through desktop research to provide an overview of the relevant programmes and initiatives led/owned by the Egyptian authorities that illustrate the linkages between culture and education that UNESCO is advocating. In this regard, the consultant shall;Apply Now
- Conduct desktop research and prepare a draft situation study on the recent, ongoing, and planned national efforts by the Egyptian authorities in education and culture to advance the SDGs, in particular, SDG 4 on Quality Education (in Arabic with Executive Summary in English. Approx. 30 pages.) and submit it to UNESCO for feedback. The draft study will gather information on the government's programmes/initiatives including statistical information on the following focus areas with attention to vulnerable groups;
- Arts Education
- Museum education
- Challenges and opportunities
- List of bibliography/reference (including websites) of key publications, reports, and documents
- Update the draft by integrating feedback from UNESCO, and submit the final version to UNESCO for approval.
- In line with UNESCO’s priority on Gender Equality, the Individual Consultant is expected to integrate the considerations on Gender Equality in all activities whenever feasible.
- Master's degree in education policy, arts education, cultural policy, museum studies, and other related fields.
- Minimum 10-year professional experiences in the education and/or culture sector in terms of policy development, planning, and evaluation.
- Excellent research and writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Previous experience in preparing policy brief/reports on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).