Duties and Responsibilities
The key tasks for which the Consultant will be responsible are as follows:
- Conduct a desk review, conduct key informative interviews and analyse key developmental data relevant to the governance thematic areas in Jordan
- Facilitate and participate in meetings, workshops and consultations with different stakeholders to discuss and analyse the key thematic issues and practices for the new Governance Programme Document, including sessions to conduct problem Analysis, formulate Theory of Change;
- Prepare a first draft of the document and related annexes/attachments in line with the stipulated corporate guidance and template, ensuring alignment with the Current CPD, UNSDF, UNDP Covid-19 recovery plans and related strategies and plans of the Jordanian Government, drawing on the outcomes of the problem analysis and the background documents gathered during the Data Collection and synthesis stage of the document preparation; and
- Finalize the draft after consultation and validation with key stakeholders and final comments from UNDP Jordan governance pillar and management.
- Programme and Risk ManagementDevelopment Challenge/ Governance Programme Rationale;
- Strategy (including ToC)
- Governance Programme Priorities and Partnership;
- Programme and Risk Management
- Results, partnerships and Resources Framework (RRF);
- Project Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation plan
- Strong understanding of the process for the formulation of the related UNDP programming standards and principles;
- Ability to organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form;
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely fashion;
- Demonstrates strong writing skills. In particular, has the ability to present persuasive, coherent and well-founded arguments and make messages accessible to a broad audience;
- Strong ability to lead and facilitate complex discussions and arrive at conclusions;
- Ability to translate strategic thinking and innovative ideas into practical operational recommendations;
- Solid research, analytical and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Substantive knowledge of development issues in the Arab region and Jordan
- Substantive knowledge of issues related to UNDP practice areas: Democratic Governance, Energy and Environment, Sustainable Economic Development and Social Strategies, SDG attainment, Crisis Prevention and Recovery, Gender Mainstreaming and Capacity Development will be an asset.
- Ability to write reports and prepare and deliver presentations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master Degree or above) in economics, Political Science, social sciences, or other relevant disciplines, with proven track record in programme development and advanced social research and analysis.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience and solid experience in programme development and implementation related to UNDP practice areas;
- Prior experience in formulation of a UNDP Country Programme or UN Agency country programme document.
- Fully proficient in English and Arabic languages, spoken and written;
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.