OBJECTIVE OF THE OFFICE/DEPARTMENT This requisition is for employment at the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)/Regional Office of the World Health Organization (WHO) The Information Technology Services Department (ITS) provides leadership and direction in the deployment of information and communication technologies and systems to support the Pan American Health Organization/Regional Office of the Americas of the World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) in carrying out its mandate. ITS establishes and maintains strategies, policies, standards, and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient provision of information and communication services in a geographically dispersed environment. PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) is looking for an information technology professional to Coordinate the Digital Transformation of PAHO´s Procurement Funds for Vaccines and Strategic Medical Supplies, and lead collaborative efforts in the Analysis, design and implementation of several initiatives for the automation and streamlining of procurement and financial processes. Deliverables: The Digital Transformation Coordinator is responsible for the following: - Lead the evaluation, selection and day-to-day management and monitoring of IT service providers and COTS solutions. - Manage and monitor digital transformation budgets in Coordination with management of IT and procurement funds departments. - Coordinate cross-functional teams to provide IT solutions to procurement funds’ needs. - Participate in all stages of the development lifecycle and Change Management processes for delivered solutions. - Stakeholder coordination and reporting at multiple levels of the organization including senior management. Member State Portal for Procurement Funds - Coordinate vision, strategic objectives, and timelines at the Director level. - Prepare and execute implementation plan to achieve phased deployment of Portal for Procurement Funds. Data and Analytics - Coordinate the enhancements of the SQL data warehouse environment in Azure, and preparation of data models. - Lead the implementation of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics initiatives to provide strategic insights into the operation of the Procurement Funds. - Lead the definition of new visualizations with Power BI and the migration of current dashboards to Power BI - Coordinate the migration of existing reports to Power BI. Solutions Development - Analyze the status of Procurement Funds processes and the recommendations for improving their operation. - Gather, document, and analyze requirements to recommend solutions. - Coordinate the development of systems using Azure Cloud Services and Microsoft Development Stack. Enterprise Resource Planning - Lead process improvement efforts with support areas of the Procurement Funds (Finance, Procurement, etc.) - Coordinate implementation of process changes in Workday. - Support the Workday implementation of Procurement Funds financial reporting and statements of account. - Lead the implementation of solutions to improve the reporting capabilities of RF - Explore RPA options for procurement processes and coordinate the implementation of solutions REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Education: Essential: Bachelor´s degree in Computer Science or other related field from an accredited university In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO, only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. PAHO will also use the databases of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation http://www.chea.org/search/default.asp and College Navigator, found on the website of the National Centre for Educational Statistics, https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator to support the validation process. Experience: Essential: Minimum of seven years of work experience managing IT projects. Requirements - Strong background on the improvement of business processes and applications for enterprises procurement functions - Proven experience managing IT projects to improve the efficiency of procurement processes - Strong technical skills in systems analysis, gathering requirements, system documentation and management of systems implementation projects - Strong customer facing and communications skills, ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with a wide range of users, business owners, and high-level stakeholders. - Ability to work on multiple projects and adapt to shifting deadlines and priorities, experience in matrix management a plus. - Technical knowledge of Workday Financials and reporting capabilities desirable. - Working knowledge of Business Intelligence practices. - Experience in PowerBI and Microsoft Data Warehousing and Data management a plus. - Experience leading custom Software Development projects using Microsoft Technologies a plus. - Familiarity with cloud environments and SaaS implementation practices, Microsoft Azure preferred. - Previous experience at international agencies and work in multi-cultural environments a plus. Use of language skills: Essential: Fluency in English Desirable: Working knowledge of Spanish REMUNERATION Will be based on PAHO scales for International consultants. Current monthly rates range from US$5,166 – US$ 6,273 (Band B), depending on relevant experience and qualifications, plus Consultant Subsistence Allowance - CSA (when applicable). Work Schedule: Full time. Contract Duration: “till 31 December 2021, (extension is subject to availability of funds & satisfactory performance)”. ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONApply Now
- This vacancy notice may be used to identify candidates for other similar consultancies at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to PAHO/WHO Regulations, and e-Manual.
- For information on PAHO please visit: http://www.paho.org
- If your candidature is retained for interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. PAHO/WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- PAHO/WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- PAHO/WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- Consultants shall perform the work as independent contractors in a personal capacity, and not as a representative of any entity or authority. The execution of the work under a consultant contract does not create an employer/employee relationship between PAHO and the Consultant.
- PAHO/WHO shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any taxes, duties, social security contributions or other contributions payable by the Consultant. The Consultant shall be solely responsible for withholding and paying any taxes, duties, social security contributions and any other contributions which are applicable to the Consultant in each location/jurisdiction in which the work hereunder is performed, and the Consultant shall not be entitled to any reimbursement thereof by PAHO/WHO.
- All applicants are required to complete an on-line profile to be considered for this post.