Consultant (Development of A Gender Responsive Private Sector Scoping Study to Explore Investment Opportunities to Enhance Ndc Implementation in Saint Vincent and The Grenadines)
To apply, interested persons should upload the combined* Technical Proposal/Methodology (if applicable), CV and Offeror’s Letter to “UNDP Jobs” by navigating to the link below and clicking “APPLY NOW”, no later than the date indicated on the “UNDP Jobs” website. Applications submitted via email will not be accepted**: - * PLEASE NOTE: The system allows the upload of one (1) document ONLY – if you are required to submit a Technical Proposal/Methodology, this document along with your CV/P11 and Offeror’s Letter, MUST be combined and uploaded as one. NOTE: The Financial Proposal should not be uploaded to “UNDP Jobs”**. <IMPORTANT> **Please email the password-protected Financial Proposal to email@example.com. The subject line of your email must contain the following: “BBRSO##### Financial Proposal – Your Name” If the password for your Financial Proposal is required, it will be requested by the Procurement Unit. Any request for clarification must be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within three (3) days of the publication of this notice, ensuring that the reference number above is included in the subject line. The UNDP Barbados & the OECS Procurement Unit will post the responses*** two (2) days later, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to: - A detailed Procurement Notice, TOR, and all annexes can be found by clicking the above link. *** UNDP shall endeavour to provide such responses to clarifications in an expeditious manner, but any delay in such response shall not cause an obligation on the part of UNDP to extend the submission date of the Proposals, unless UNDP deems that such an extension is justified and necessaryApply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe overall objective of this assignment is to conduct a Gender responsive Private Sector Scoping Study which will explore the investment opportunities for private sector finance in helping to drive Saint Vincent and the Grenadines gender responsive NDC implementation process. The specific objectives of the Gender Responsive Private Sector Scoping Study are to assist the Government of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines in the following:
- Identifying private sector investment opportunities across the priority sectors (energy, industrial processes and product use, Agriculture, land use, land use change, forestry and waste) identified within Saint Vincent and the Grenadines INDCs.
- Mapping the country’s current investment environment to demonstrate how the current policy and regulatory environment either supports or impedes private sector investment across the priority sectors identified.
- Identify financial, technical and institutional barriers which inhibit private sector investment.
- Identify and propose market mechanisms to incentivize private sector investment through the creation of a conducive enabling environment in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Develop private sector led finance and investment concept cases for the priority sectors identified within Saint Vincent and the Grenadines INDCs.
- Identify key public and private sector players which can support private sector investment towards NDC implementation in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Identify international and regional best practices and lessons learnt in the mobilizing of private sector investment to advance gender responsive NDC implementation.
CompetenciesREQUIREMENTS FOR EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES 1. Years of experience:
- At least 5 years of experience addressing issues specific to Caribbean SIDS surrounding private sector investment and Climate Finance.
- At least 3 years of experience in undertaking private sector Development Research resulting in the preparation of investment strategies, finance plans, policy documents and action plans.
- Experience working with economic Analysis regarding Climate Change issues and/or financial appraisal of revenue generating projects.
- Experience working with, and delivering technical assistance to, public sector clients specific to Caribbean SIDS or in developing countries.
- Sound understanding of national and local Development Planning processes in the Caribbean especially knowledge of the INDCs/ NDCs development or implementation process in the Caribbean.
- Sound understanding of gender and gender mainstreaming within climate change actions and in private sector development.
- An understanding of the Global and National Climate Finance landscape and procedures, multilateral funds and the other channels including the role of private sector in climate finance.
- Ability to transfer analytical results into simple and actionable solutions (based on job experience/field work).
- Solid experience addressing issues specific to Caribbean SIDS surrounding private sector investment and climate finance.
- Solid experience in developing private sector development research resulting in the preparation of investment strategies, finance plans, policy documents and action plans.
- A soild understanding of the INDC/NDC development planning process and implementation.
- Previous experience in gender and climate change projects specifically in the areas of performing gender analysis and gender-responsive stakeholder participation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Mandatory Postgraduate degree (MSc, MBA or higher) in economics, finance, business Administration, international business or sustainable development