Plan International Asia-Pacific Regional Hub TERMS OF REFERENCE – consultant recruitment Leading effective virtual meetings and workshops I, Introduction Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. As an independent development and humanitarian organisation, we work alongside children, young people, our supporters and partners to tackle the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. For over 80 years we have been building powerful partnerships for children, and we are active in over 75 countries. II, Background The on-going Covid-19 pandemic has impacted millions of lives by increasing the risk of child marriage, Sexual Violence, Sexual Reproductive Health and rights, Mental Health and burden of domestic work facing girls and women. In Asia and The Pacific, the number of COVID-19 cases continues to grow at a rapid rate. This unprecedented crisis calls for targeted response and preventative measures to avoid and mitigate further effects. We work with supporters and partners to address the root causes of the challenges that vulnerable populations face. However, we are also facing with several challenges due to social distancing and lock-down policy applied widely and commonly by countries. Communications are broken, reaching to programmes is limited, offline events and activities are long-term delayed, face-to-face meetings are restricted, etc. Having the skills and ability to effectively collaborate in a virtual environment of the new normal, is essential for all Plan International staff to ensure the quality of our programmes and to reach more people who are in need. This TOR, therefore, is to seek for Consultant Service on supporting Plan International Asia-Pacific region staff on leading effective virtual meetings and workshops so that we have the ability to make decisions that include all voices and build strong relationships over distance. This package can be used by Plan International for other internal training purposes. III, Objectives of the TOR The consultant is expected to Design and conduct an online training for 30-60 participants (Plan staff) within 2 – 3 hours on fundamental skills and tools necessary to lead effective online meetings and workshops. Particularly, through the course, participants will learn techniques and tools to:Apply Now
- Engage meeting attendees in conversation and group work in online platforms
- Speak and answer questions with confidence
- Frame the meeting using a simple organizational strategy so that attendees understand the meeting’s purpose, direction and context
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas and facilitate the interaction => make the meeting interacting and inclusive
- Keep the meeting on track
- Set appropriate next steps
- Use webinar tools and technology judiciously, including videos for maximum engagement – including some discussion of the relative benefits and challenges presented by different available platforms (Plan International uses MS Teams for most internal meetings and occasionally Zoom for larger or external meetings).
- Get the business of the meeting done effectively and efficiently
- Design of the course and training materials tailor made for PI / 16 Oct 2020.
- Training conduction / Before 30 Oct 2020
- Report of the training + recorded video of the training that PI can use for their other trainings / 6 Nov 2020
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three references and/or samples of similar work
- Detailed budget and timeline proposal based with expected daily rates