As of today, ACF Iraq is operational in Erbil and Dohuk Governorates of Kurdistan region of Iraq, as well as in Ninewa Governorate of Iraq, and working towards the expansion of its activities to South / Central Iraq. Throughout 2017, ACF has been implementing its Humanitarian Response in Iraq with an integrated, multi-sectorial approach, addressing WASH, MHCP, Food Security & Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition-related needs of the Syrian refugees and the Iraqi IDP population in camp and non-camp settings. In 2018, ACF is willing to continue the provision of humanitarian response in the areas still presenting urgent needs while designing and rolling out post-Emergency / recovery interventions. As of January 2018, ACF’s team is running operations of approximatively 9 million EUR. The main donors of the mission are OFDA, SIDA, UNICEF, OCHA, WFP, RDPP, SDC, CDC and ACF. ACF Iraq currently employs 21 expatriate and 107 national staff, working from the Coordination office in Erbil, a field office in Dohuk and Bagdad and Mosul. ACF is taking the lead of a large consortium, gathering 4 partners, mainly focus on Mental Health, Protection and Social Support activities. You would be based in Erbil, the capital and largest city of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. It is located approximately 350 kilometres north of Baghdad. The situation remains stable. There are 3 guesthouses with generally good living conditions for expatriates. Freedom of movement and many social opportunities exist.Apply Now
ResponsibilitiesYou will coordinate the implementation of the Iraq Madad MHPSS Consortium Project, which includes acting as the lead focal point for the Steering Committee and Technical Working Group, overseeing quality of programming and accountability to beneficiaries, and taking the lead on all external stakeholder engagement. Your main responsibilities are: Coordinate consortium partners for implementation of the project
- Monitor the project implementation and activities to ensure successful achievement of project goals and targets, spending on time and budget, and other donor commitments
- Establish and reinforce common understanding across consortium partners on project goals, components, and implementation methodologies, including MEAL approaches
- Together with the Project Managers of the consortium partners, plan the various stages of project implementation and set the direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives
- Manage Consortium Assistant and coordinate closely with Consortium Finance Manager
- Organize and report into Steering Committee (SC), including organizing regular meetings, developing ways of working, providing regular updates, information and briefings for decision-making on critical/top-line issues, raising challenges, etc.
- Organize and collaborate with Technical Working Group (TWG), made up of MHPSS focal points from each organization
- Act as a focal point for external representation with a variety of stakeholders (donors, government officials, Cluster, other consortia and NGOs)
- Coordinate with SC and TWG for external representation as necessary, creating engagement plan and providing regular updates and feedback
- Ensure that donor communications and visibility requirements are being met
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across all consortium partners
- Oversee and monitor the work of consortium and implementing partners, ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during the project implementation
- Ensure a macro-level view of consortium activities to advise on, and flag any issues with program quality
- Advise on the responsiveness of activities to humanitarian and development needs
- Ensure, by use of ACF-specific monitoring tools that global norms and national standards guiding humanitarian and development interventions are respected
- Lead by example as an active contributor to advancing ACF’s Gender Mainstreaming efforts and gender equitable approach throughout programming undertaken with partners and teams working on partnerships
Requested profileYou have at least 3 years of field experience in operational management of humanitarian programs in similar role; or humanitarian activities in a complex environment (insecure / relatively isolated setting). You are known for your management and coordination skills (project management in consortium, country projects, multicultural technical teams, etc.). In your past positions, you had to translate Analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy. You have excellent written and oral communications skills, and you have advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures. You have strong communication; networking and representation skills and you can liaise with government officials and lead negotiation You are fluent (written and spoken) in English – this is mandatory. Arabic, MEAL and MHPSS experience will be strong assets. Having a training in in safety and security management will be a plus.
Specific conditions / SalaryStatus: unaccompanied – the position is based in Erbil Contract: fixed term contract under French legislation Length of contract: 10 months Starting date: September 21st 2020 Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800 € upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 454 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- 150€ as country allowance
- 16% of monthly gross for non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
- child allowance
- 25 days of paid leaves per year
- 20 RnR per year
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months
- Support for transport tickets to the reference recovery area.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.