Business Unit:Finance ComplexDivision:FPPADepartment:Not ApplicableContract type:Regular StaffCountry:Saudi ArabiaLocation:Saudi Arabia - JeddahClosing date:18-Jun-2020
Support day-to-day risk management and monitoring of compliance of market liquidity and ALM risks. Perform middle office activities such as third-party creation, maintenance of static data, market data, rating and sector data, blotter monitoring, compliance checks and limits management. Support monitoring and reporting on profit-rate, currency and other market risks inherent in the financing, investing, funding and hedging operations of the bank.
- Support the risk monitoring and transactional compliance function to oversee the financial risks on day-to-day basis through the management of an integrated risk management system. This also includes ensuring timely implementation of adequate risk and analytical systems in coordination with other stakeholders such as the risk management unit, the treasury unit, investment unit, and IT unit.
Compliance and Monitoring
- Perform the pre-trade function as an additional layer of review and control within the scope of Bank-approved guidelines.
- Perform the Middle Office function of day-to-day activities, including third-party creation, maintenance of static data, market data, ratings and sector data, blotter monitoring, compliance checks, limits management etc.
- Monitor compliance with credit, market, liquidity, and ALM risk limits.
- Undertake continuous function of monitoring and reporting on profit-rate, currency and other market risks inherent in the financing, investing, funding and hedging operations of the bank.
- Collaborate with the Planning and Analytics unit to undertake a detailed review and assessment of the market and liquidity risk profiles including credit quality of the liquid fund’s portfolio, duration mismatch between assets and liabilities, currency mismatch, static and dynamic re-pricing gap analysis, stress testing, sensitivity, etc.
- Using the methodologies and models approved by Planning Analytics unit, monitor currency mix of the bank to maintain the SDR currency basket and propose to Treasury unit the amount required to be bought or sold to rebalance the balance sheet.
- Prepare ALCO pack for submission to monthly ALCO.
- Conduct all activities pertaining to FPPA's role as Secretariat to ALCO.
- Monitor compliance of Treasury operations with approved financial policies and guidelines.
- Monitor risks of the investment portfolios on a daily and monthly basis where managed internally.
- Provide technical guidance and review the work delivered by less experienced team members.
- Monitor the effective implementation and adherence to respective financial management policies, procedures and controls so that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments, regulations and leading practices in the field and propose any necessary actions.
- Propose and implement process improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of the related operations.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Financial Management or related field.
Minimum number of years and nature of experience:
- 5-8 years’ experience in middle office, treasury, risk management or related field.
- Building Relationships
- Client Centricity and Responsiveness
- Motivation to Learn and Share
- Passion for Excellence
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication Effectiveness
- Drive for Results
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication
- Problem Solving
- Stakeholder Management / Client Orientation
- Financial Management
- Bank Knowledge
- English (mandatory)
- Arabic (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)