Community Development Officer – Cargill Project (Anticipated Hiring)
The Community Development Officer for School Health and Nutrition _ All Children SHINE (Cargill) will be in-charge on the implementation of key activities and researches related to Nutrition program. He/she will support the conduct of assessments, Capacity Building, WASH facilities enhancement, and the Monitoring and Evaluation of interventions related to the project. He/she will facilitate and strategize to effectively and efficiently implement planned activities and initiate onsite interaction with target communities and project partners.
* Bachelor degree in courses related to health and nutrition, with a focus on child and adolescent health and nutrition. Expertise in assessment, training and learning materials development;
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working on teachers, learners, health workers and Local Government unit capacity assessment, training module development, implementation of training program and project management or supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to work with host government, education and health institutions, and partners in implementing a complex project in the field under challenging circumstances;
* Significant knowledge of the education and Health Systems in the Philippines, specifically on in-service training and Health Services delivery
* Experience developing and ensuring the effective use of teaching and learning materials;
* Experiencing in supervision, mentoring or coaching of teachers, health service providers, and learners.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Filipino required.
Fixed Term position based in Batangas
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and Child Protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality Basic Education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.