The Communications Department (COM) is the IMF’s center for strategic communication. It develops and coordinates implementation of the Fund’s external and internal communications strategy, shapes key messages, and advises Management and staff on communications and outreach.
The Immediate Office in the Communications Department develops and implements the overall strategy for the department, manages human resources and the budget, meets departmental business needs, and provides oversight over Immediate Office staff, divisions, and intra-departmental teams. It also leads interaction with Management, the Executive Board, and develops networks inside and outside the Fund.
COM is seeking to hire a Communications Officer for Data Analysis, with experience in planning and measuring communications outcomes and impact. The goal is to leverage publicly available data to inform communications engagement strategy. The selected candidate will be in COM’s Immediate Office. She/he will help to strengthen an integrated, coordinated, and structured impact planning and assessment program across the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working closely with senior COM staff, the position's primary responsibilities will involve:
- Working across multiple platforms and research tools to review and interpret quantitative and qualitative data to better understand audiences and issues
- Continually assess the effectiveness of existing communication activities and recommend actionable insights based on these assessments
- Provide regular readouts of breaking news developments (“rapid response”) as well as views and perceptions of the Fund by external stakeholders
- Help to strengthen stakeholder engagement through identification, mapping, and monitoring of key influencers.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in data, planning, innovation, and impact to help build a function in line with best practice
- Develop and strengthen department-wide knowledge and shared understanding of impact products and tools, including standards and templates
- Contribute to other communications activities, such as drafting and matrix activities
The candidate will have an advanced university degree, or equivalent, in communications, international relations, journalism, or a related field; or a university degree, or equivalent, supplemented by a minimum of six years of relevant professional experience
He/she wll be a consummate all-round communications professional with deep knowledge of audiences, platforms, messaging, and impact. Specially, he/she will have in-depth knowledge of approaches and tools used in high-visibility campaigns and proven experience in working with data analytics tools used in the field of communications; outstanding ability to mine and rapidly synthesize large volume of information from the application of these tools, provide insights on the “so-what” questions, and recommend actionable insights; expertise in connecting data points with multiple sources and platforms to substantively contribute an external engagement strategy.
The selected candidate will have strategic, learning, and change-oriented mindset, along with strong analytical skills. Ability to work collaboratively and in teams is non-negotiable.