The Communications Department (COM) is the IMF’s center for strategic communication. It develops and coordinates the Fund’s external and internal communications strategy, shapes key messages, and advises Management and staff on how best to convey those messages. The Department also monitors and responds to what is being said and written about the institution, both inside and outside the Fund. The Digital Communications Division (COMDC) manages the Fund's public website (IMF.org) and social media in English and other languages. These platforms serve as key sources of information and messages for external audiences about the global economy and the full range of institutional activities and policies. The main duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Under the supervision of the Managers of COM’s Digital Communication Division, the successful candidate will:Apply Now
- Assist in posting documents and videos on IMF.org, as well as placing videos within the website.
- Liaise and manage the flow of language translation requests.
- Maintain and circulate organizational calendars.
- Contribute to monitoring and posting in selected corporate social media accounts.
- Help staff to manage the divisional budget.
- Handle administrative tasks, including digital archiving, ordering office supplies, coordinating office moves, scheduling and organizing meetings, and helping with budget and travel.
- Assist other divisional and departmental efforts, including matrix work, as needed.
QualificationsThe successful candidate must have a combination of training and experience equivalent to completion of a secondary school education, supplemented by a minimum of six years of relevant experience. More competitive candidates would hold a BA degree in communications, international relations, languages or a related field of study. In addition, the candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- demonstrated teamwork ability;
- ability to handle sensitive matters with good judgment and diplomacy;
- proven ability to manage short deadlines and balance overlapping request;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Experience in digital communications, including web posting, social media monitoring, and data gathering;
- Fluency in languages other than English (Russian in particular) is a plus.