Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Programme Analyst for Libya or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Communications and Reporting Associate will:
1. Provide substantive support to the planning and design of external communication and outreach/advocacy strategies and plans
- Provide Analysis for elaboration of communication strategies; ensure gender perspective;
- Integrate communication, advocacy and outreach strategies into proposals for project/programmes and other initiatives, as necessary;
- Monitor and analyse print and social media and provide analysis to RO/HQ;
- Provide inputs and support to the launch of in-country UN Women/ UN system corporate and local campaigns and special events.
2. Coordinate and contribute substantively to the development and dissemination of advocacy materials in the country
- Draft briefing materials, and press releases and coordinate its dissemination through effective channels;
- Identify storylines for publication and articles;
- Promote and disseminate corporate advocacy materials for launching flagship initiatives, publications, and campaigns;
- Coordinate the translation/adaption/rewriting of information received, printing and dissemination of publications and audio-visual materials;
- Follow guidelines from HQ and RO.
3. Contribute to annual work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting;
- Provide Technical Support to partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, and Baseline Surveys;
- Support in the process of the CO meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
- Support in draft donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
- Identify relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting; ·
- Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations.
4. Provide technical support to the Country Office on inter- agency Coordination
- Provide technical support to joint inter-agency UN planning processes and similar exercises;
- Prepare briefing materials for the CO on issues to be discussed in the UN and other events and meetings;
- Prepare background materials and analysis for the Resident Coordinator (RC) and the UN Country Team (UNCT) on the gender dynamics and opportunities to support inclusive engagement of women in the development assistance provided by the UNCT;
- Provide technical support to UNCT in monitoring and reporting and prepare analytical and regular progress reports on UN Women’s programme experiences, as necessary.
5. Provide technical support to the development of strategic partnerships and resource mobilization efforts
- Provide support in managing activities and other promotional events to engage bilateral and multilateral institutions/ donors, private sector and civil society to expand and/or sustain interest and resources for UN Women programmes and joint UN system programmes;
- Prepare background documents and analysis to forge and implement strategic partnerships to increase outreach on UN Women’s work in country;
- Provide support to development partners and national counterparts on implementation of key UN frameworks and conventions on gender equality;
- Provide network and Capacity Development to partner Civil Society Organizations and other stakeholders, as necessary.
6. Facilitate knowledge building and sharing
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme goals and activities;
- Organize and conduct training and workshops on communication and advocacy, as appropriate.
- Facilitate and substantively contribute to the incorporation of monitoring and reporting into programme formulation
- Facilitate and substantively contribute to the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes;
- Include inputs from relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations into programme formulation;
Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. gender, communications or area related to development, humanitarian programming and women peace and security; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.24 Months
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in development, gender, communications and reporting or other relevant programmes;
- Experience with communications, knowledge management and results based management is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Other desired/mandatory required technical knowledge in communications, reporting and monitoring, humanitarian and women peace and security programming;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with Database Management; and office technology equipment;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams