Grade: G5 Vacancy no.: LUSAKA/DC/GS/2019/28 Publication date: 21 NOVEMBER 2019 Application deadline (midnight Zambian local time): 6 DECEMBER 2019 Job ID: 2040 Department: RO-Africa Organization Unit: CO-Lusaka Location: Lusaka Contract type: Fixed Term Contract duration: 1 YEAR Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General. In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date. The following are eligible to apply:Apply Now
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
- Ability to organize own work.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, meet deadlines and adapt to changing demands and multitasks.
- Proficient in basic Computer Software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Reader) and ability to use other software packages required by the Office
- Ability to obtain services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks
- Ability to work as a member of a team and manage a heavy workload under time pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of practices and procedures for preparing administrative documents and maintaining file system;
- Ability to determine relevant background and reference materials for others, and to screen requires for urgency and priority
- Ability to respond to requests from officials from government offices, ministries, ILO constituents and NGOs.
- Accuracy and ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to search and retrieve information from databases and compile reports;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Customer service experience in order to provide courteous, prompt and efficient responses to internal clients.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion