Please provide Offeror’s Letter and proposal together with your CV and cover letter (if applicable) in one single file while submitting application. And please note that the system will not accept the uploading of more than one document so please merge or scan all your documents into one prior to uploading. Below is the download link of Offeror's Letter. Offeror's letter download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VVuAj7e5Sm8P5DyhYXdb94TIBhY0VgoH/view?usp=sharing The Communications and Innovation Consultant is responsible for providing communications and innovation support to the Communication, Innovation and Partnership Team as it leads the Design and implementation of UNDP’s overall communications strategy, including design and roll out high-impact, multimedia campaigns; programme-oriented communications products; media relations and key events; localization of global content for Chinese audiences; and disseminate publications for policy impact. Specifically, he/she will assist in the design and implementation of Country Office communications and advocacy strategies and action plan, assist in drafting and editing project/partnership proposals and external outreach materials (press releases, speeches, briefings etc.), and support the development of a comprehensive international Social Media Strategy and ensure effective daily management. On the innovation front, he/she will be assisting in facilitating and prototyping innovative development solutions and experiment with new ways of working as UNDP strives to be at the forefront tackling complex and interconnected development challenges as the Sustainable Development Goals reflect a paradigm shift in development work.Apply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesCOMMUNICATIONS · Commucations strategy and planning: Assist in developing and implementing an overall communications strategy and action plan to promote UNDP’s work in China to domestic and international audiences. · Advising: Advise Senior Management for their communications strategies and media opportunities · Messaging: Facilitate the strategic discussion on crafting key messages · Speech drafting: Draft, edit and/or provide quality assurance of external outreach and communications materials, including speeches, Op-Eds, success stories, press releases, website write-ups, PowerPoint Presentations, proposals, etc. · Social Media: Assist in developing an international social media strategy and coordinate with HQ and RBAP for its implementation; ensure effective day-to-day update and management of CO international social media accounts · Publication: Assist in managing and disseminating CO publications and serve in the Publications Taskforce · Media relations: Assist in strengthening and maintaining international media relations in order to increase the impact of UNDP’s work, including handling enquiries from international media. · Campaigning: Support the design and rolling out of creative and high-visibility social media campaigns for the Sustainable Development Goals and other advocacy campaigns under specific Goals; · Project communications: Effective communications support and story-telling for UNDP China programmes and projects · Be available to assist in ad-hoc tasks as required both within UNDP and other UN agencies in China. INNOVATION · Strategy Provide effective support to the design and implementation of the Country Office’s innovation strategies; · Project lead: Lead a number of specific innovation initiatives in the portfolio/office in Coordination with the Communication and Innovation Officer and the Communication and Innovation Associate; · Events: Help organize innovation events such as conferences, camps, seminars, workshops, summits, etc.; · Researching: Conduct research on innovative thinking and practice, developing proposals for new initiatives; · Advising: Advise programme teams on innovation thinking and approaches and contribute to fostering an innovation culture in the office; Expected Outputs and Deliverables: The Communications and Innovation Consultant will be expected to contribute to the work of the Communications, Innovation and Partnerships Team as it strives to help reposition UNDP in China during a period of significant change in the structure and modality of the organisation’s operations. Meanwhile, he/she will provide timely information to senior management enabling informed decisions to be made on political, economic and social developments. · Effective support to quality assurance of CO External Communications materials · Effective implementation of the communications and publication strategies, including:
- Managing Country office website
- Managing international social media accounts
- Drafting Success Stories and web articles to communicate programmes results and impact
- Drafting Op-Eds to increase UNDP’s policy impact
- Drafting Media advisory, press releases, media Q&A briefings and other media materials
- Advising programme teams in response to their communications needs and efforts
- Providing communications advisory as part of UNDP’s development consultancy service offer to government partners
- All other communications support to be provided as needed
- Providing CO training / information sharing on innovation best practices, such as design thinking, problem framing, or increasing digital literacy, etc.
- Supporting CO programmes and projects by integrating innovation and adopting portfolio approach, including cross-programme project design and integration
- Conceptualizing and concretizing innovation initiatives by developing innovation concept notes, issue briefs and other outreach and partnership materials
- Advising programme and policy teams on quality assurance of CO publications
Competencies· Demonstrates sound judgment, diplomacy and sensitivity to confidential matters. · English as native language, Chinese an asset. · Demonstrates commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values. · Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability. · Good coordination and organisational skills: Ability to manage multiple projects, address fluctuating priorities and tight deadline. · Experience and familiarity with UN/UNDP procedures an asset.
Required Skills and Experience· Master’s degree or higher degree in communications, Journalism, Business Management, marketing, advertising, International Relations, development, or a related field. · Publication-standard English drafting and editing skills. · Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies and campaign tactics · Minimal 3 years of working experience in the field of communications, journalism, public-relations, marketing or related fields · Experience with website management · Experience with developing and managing social media. · Ability to think out of box and translate innovative thinking into practice · Good analytical and organizational skills Evaluation Criteria
- The award of the contract will be made to the Individual Consultant who has obtained the highest Combined Score and has accepted UNDP’s General Terms and Conditions. Only those applications which are responsive and compliant will be evaluated. The offers will be evaluated using the “Combined Scoring method” where:
- Technical evaluation - 70%; (includes 20% of Job-Related Technical Expertise; 25% of Relevant working experience; 25% of Methodology & Approach to Assignment)
- Financial Evaluation - 30%.