Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters Duty Stations.
Under the direct supervision of Coordinator of the ACTIF project, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare ACTIF Newsletters, Case Studies and Fact Sheets on a regular basis;
- Support the ACTIF Project Coordinator in the implementation of Community Outreach and knowledge fair events;
- Set up and ensure the effectiveness of the ACTIF social Media Platforms;
- Support and document ACTIF field visits ans M&E meetings and prepare meeting reports.
- Prepare background information and documentation, update relevant data to the Programme areas and compile background material for the ACTIF donors
- In the framework of Microfinance and digital inclusive finance, contribute to planning of informational campaigns, partnerships, exhibitions, conferences, social events and projects to promote a better understanding of UNDP and UNCDF activities and accomplishments by the general public and/or targeted audiences;
- Establish close working relationships with TV, radio and news agencies to promote and disseminate UNDP and UNCDF’s mandate, goals, activities and principles;
- Suggest stories and topics about the joint prgramme and activities for the media
- Brief and coordinate the work of photographers, designers and videographers commissioned by donors within the ACTIF project;
- Draft press releases, reports, booklets and other publications for target audiences;
- Organize and participate in press trips, briefing of journalists as well as press conferences of partners;
- Assist in preparation of communication budget
- Develop new strategies to increase visibility of UNDP and UNCDF towards partners in DRC
- Support efforts to establish and maintain an open communication with partners to implement commitments;
- Assist with the organization of activities related to ACTIF project
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day).
Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country.
Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities.
Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.
Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers.
Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.Master degree or equivalent
Communication, international development, Public Administration, project Management24 Months
Minimum of 3 Years of work experience in Communication & Knowledge management
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams