Under the supervision of the Communications Analyst; the Communication and Social Media Intern will be expected to provide support to the communication functions and activities for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Egypt.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Communication Team in the following:
- Support in the preparation and generation of social media content for UNDP Egypt social Media Platforms.
- Prepare social media analytics reports on regular basis.
- Support the social media coverage of UNDP’s events and conferences.
- Assist in the logistical and communication preparations of key events and activities in Coordination with the various teams.
- Provide support in producing videos and infographics capturing key messages of UNDP’s Egypt work in Egypt.
- Assist in planning and implementing new campaigning opportunities that promote UNDP’s mandate and key development solutions.
- Assist in writing press releases, human and success stories and feature articles related to the various projects and activities/events.
- Assist any other duties as may be deemed necessary.
The following standard competencies apply to all UNDP interns:
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, creativity and initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP Internship-programme" id="link" class="link">Internship Programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- University degree in the field of communications, public relations, business Administration or related fields.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Ability to think creatively, work logically and precisely with attention to detail.
- Ability to write for social media clearly and concisely.
- Graphic designing and video editing skills are an asset.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.