The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Finance Directorate (FI)- Planning and Settlement of Operations Department (PRO)– Back-Office Treasury Division (BOT)- Collateral Management Unit (CCMU), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Collateral Management Analyst. This is a full time position at grade 4.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for August 2020.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Ensure collateral management validation & verification operations in alignment with the contractual conditions in order to mitigate EIB’s credit risk and to enable the EIB to quickly raise short-term funds against real-time inventory of all the EIB’s assets accepted in secured markets to cover the EIB’s current and potential future liquidity needs.
As Collateral Management Analyst (internally referred to as Analyst Transaction Processing and Management), you will report to the Head of Unit. You will closely cooperate with all members of the Division, which is structured into two Units and will be in working contact with other departments of the Directorate. The Collateral Management Unit is responsible for the daily margining linked to our Repo, Loan and Swap activity. The unit is also responsible for the monitoring and processing of Corporate Actions linked to the Banks inventory of assets, including Collateral posted by our counterparts.
Configuration and management of collateral agreements
- Set - up collateral agreements and external baskets in the Collateral Management System
- Support respective business lines in negotiation of collateral agreements by providing comments relating to back office treasury
- Configure internal lending agreements for collateral
- Receive and process exposures
- Issue, receive and manage the margin calls
- Validate collateral transfer instructions and execution
- Mark-to-market monitoring
- Receive and process disputes, process and escalate information on fails
Cooperation with External Collateral Agents
- Communication relating to exposures with external collateral agents and internal services
- Monitoring of margining activities executed by external collateral agents
Securities and cash collateral monitoring:
- Plan and reconcile the cash collateral and securities collateral inventory; follow-up and resolve potential discrepancies, interest claims and payments
- Monitor the settlement status and life-cycle events of such instructions
- Receive, issue and process substitution requests
Corporate Action processing:
- Handling and processing of all Corporate Action events linked to both EIB’s proprietary and Mandate portfolios
- Processing of coupon claims from counterparties linked to Collateral positions
- Investigate and resolve income disputes between core bank systems and custodians
- University Degree in a relevant field, preferably Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- At least 3 years in a Back or Middle Office in a financial institution, notably in treasury and collateral processing
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of the financial sector in general and good treasury product and settlement knowledge in particular
- Good knowledge of secured operations and collateral management activities, including a good understanding of the different collateral master agreements for pledge, swap collateral and repo transactions (e.g. ISDA CSAs or GMRAs)
- Excellent understanding of income related Corporate Action Processing
- Experience with Back Office applications. Previous use of Apex Collateral and Finance Kit would be an advantage
- In - depth knowledge of frequently used SWIFT message types (especially confirmation & settlement messages)
- Good command of all MS Office tools, in particular MS Excel
- Excellent knowledge of English and good command of French (*). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the Security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, 30th June 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.