Education for Peace, Recovery, and Resilience (EPRR)
FHI 360 is a Global Development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to Human Development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, Nutrition, education, Economic Development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
FHI 360 is seeking qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an anticipated three-year USAID funded project that will provide flexible and responsive education services for conflict affected children and youth in the South Sudan.
The COP will serve as the Project Director of the Education for Peace, Recovery, and Resilience (EPRR) project overseeing all aspects of compliance, finance and operations, and implementation, and will ensure timely submission of high-quality reports and deliverables. The COP will provide overall direction for the project, coordinate with external stakeholders and support a team to plan, manage, and deliver safe education services for 400,000 children. The COP will develop and implement strategies to understand and respond to evolving needs and Security in South Sudan. The COP will oversee a core project team that includes senior technical, Monitoring and Evaluation, finance, and operations personnel, and will serve as primary liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and key stakeholder representatives.
- Provide oversight of project activities in a complex context and manage the requirements of a USAID funded contract;
- Maintain positive relations with the client, consortium partners, government representatives and other actors, not only to meet the outcomes of the project but also to gain necessary approvals from relevant government entities.
- Manage and facilitate the work of a large and fast-moving team of professionals to ensure a timely and contextually relevant response not only to the education programming and construction, but also to security and safety;
- Promote clear and constructive communications with the client to ensure a shared vision for project activities and outcomes, address implementation challenges, and encourage the sharing of best practices and project successes;
- Ensure the project activities are compliant with the approved work plan and that project results are aligned with the project monitoring plan;
- Ensure the accuracy and technical quality of all project deliverables, including periodic performance reports, financial and technical reports, training materials, and instructional materials;
- Supervise in-country project personnel, including senior technical, finance, and operations personnel;
- Engage corporate support units (in country and at corporate headquarters) for technical and administrative support, as needed.
- Master’s degree in education, international development, public Administration, or related field
- 10 years of relevant project management experience providing leadership to major donor funded projects in conflict and crisis environments;
- 5 years of senior project leadership of USAID or US government funded contract-based projects
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID rules and regulations, as well as project compliance including but not limited to budget, personnel, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with USAID and international donors, government counterparts, project stakeholders and other INGOs
- Proven ability to deliver restls in challenging, complex and potentially unsafe environments
- Experience leading or working as part of a consortium
- Excellent team building and supervisory skills
- Willingness to travel throughout South Sudan, including rural areas and locations with limited security infrastructure
- Strong advocacy skills appropriate for representation of FHI 360 and the donor
- Technical and/or project management experience in the education sector preferred
- Experiencing overseeing construction projects preferred