Social Impact is a Global Development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity Building Services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and Economic Growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral Development Banks, foundations, and nonprofits. Proposal Objective: The purpose of the five-year USAID/DRC Monitoring, Evaluation, Coordination, Contract 2 (MECC 2), based in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), is to provide support MEL services and support to USAID/DRC and the Central African Regional Operating Unit (CAROU), through which MEL services may also be provided in other Central African countries including the Central African Republic (CAR), Republic of Congo, Cameroon, Gabon, and Equatorial Guinea. Position Description: Social Impact is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) will provide leadership, management, and technical direction for the MECC 2 Contract, ensuring high quality of program deliverables, their compliance with relevant USAID MEL policies in USAID’s Automated Directives (201), evaluation policy, and gender policy. The COP will serve as chief liaison to USAID/DRC, local partners, key stakeholders, and SI HQ, ensuring the capacity of a highly responsive, flexible, results-driven program agenda. This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award. **Qualified candidates with DRC citizenship are highly encouraged to apply Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Provide vision and overall leadership on the MECC 2 Activity, including but not limited to planning, Design, and implementation of technical activities, financial management, and operations.
- Manage staff and subcontractors to ensure the timely provision of responsive, high-quality project deliverables.
- Oversee design, development, and implementation of learning agendas, including development of evaluation tools, Data Collection and management, report generation, knowledge sharing, and training and capacity-building activities.
- Lead coordination and consultations with USAID/DRC, implementing partners, and other key stakeholders and audiences as required and report regularly to SI HQ.
- Travel to field for monitoring and oversight.
- A master’s degree in international development, social sciences or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience managing complex projects with one or more of the following technical components: research design and data collection; collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA); knowledge management; monitoring and evaluation; and Capacity Building of USAID mission staff and local partner organizations.
- Familiarity with all relevant USAID policies, guidelines, and technical and discussion notes is expected.
- Progressive experience in providing strategic technical expertise on learning and evaluation to donors, governments, or the private sector.
- Excellent team leadership, presentation, management, and communication skills.
- Prior experience managing USAID programs preferred.
- Prior experience leading multi-national teams in insecure environments, managing full-time staff, short-term consultants, third-party monitoring activities, etc.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English and fluency in French is required.
- Prior experience working in DRC and the surrounding region strongly preferred.