Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in Agriculture, Economic Growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Chief of Party, Honduras
ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID funded youth workforce development activity in Honduras.
The Chief of Party will oversee all technical activities and staff with an adaptive management approach to project implementation. The Chief of Party will lead engagement efforts to closely collaborate with the relevant government agencies, international donor community and private sector actors to set the foundation for linking vulnerable youth, including young women, youth with disabilities to basic social resources of work, knowledge, Security, and social capital to foster social inclusion through employment opportunities. The position will be based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
- Lead a team of technical experts and partners to engage Business Development services providers, networking organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Spearhead strategy development and utilize managerial tools and frameworks to improve the ability of the team to achieve project goals successfully and sustainably.
- Use a market-led, facilitation-based, locally driven, and adaptive management approach to project implementation.
- Facilitate the development of the project’s evolving theory of change, oversee the implementation of the work plan, and track progress towards core indicators and learning objectives.
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, sharing learning, presenting progress, troubleshooting, and securing buy-in for strategic improvements that enable the project to maximize the scale and sustainability of its impact and the value of USAID’s investment.
- Engage, coordinate, and collaborate with other donors and implementing partners active in the ecosystem.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a field related to workforce development (e.g education, economics, international development, Organizational Development, etc.).
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party, Team Leader, or similar senior management position for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries is preferred.
- Experience with USAID programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations desired but not necessary.
- Previous experience working in Central America; Honduras preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience working for an international organization or aid agency in youth, Human Resource development, youth vocational and technical training, labor markets, or other programs related to workforce development.
- A positive attitude and willingness to adaptively manage projects and partners in complex environments.
- Excellent writing, oral presentation and communication skills.
- Fluency in English required.
Honduran nationals are highly encouraged to apply.