Are you passionate about promoting sustainable development? Do you have a track record advising private sector companies? Are you recognized as a forward-thinking leader? If you want to see the impact of your team on people’s lives, we want to hear from you. The role You will be promoting sustainability in our areas of focus: Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation, Gender, Diversity and Inclusion, and MSME development, and cross cutting themes such as Digitalization and Public Private Partnerships The Advisory Services Division is part of our Investment Operations Department (INO). INO is responsible for generating a portfolio of high quality, high impact and creditworthy investment projects in the areas of Infrastructure and Energy, Financial Institutions and Corporates. You will report directly to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and guide a dedicated team of approximately 30 full-time employees in delivering advisory services to IDB Invest’s clients throughout the Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) region and helping integrate sustainability in our strategy and operations. You will be leading the Advisory Service Division, a team of specialists that works closely with INO’s investment teams to offer innovative solutions to our clients. You will also work with other departments and divisions within IDB Invest, to ensure the institution “walks the talk” and adopts a sustainability culture that links our actions to our mission. Advisory services contribute to the financial sustainability of IDB Invest, by generating revenue and by attracting new and more impactful investment opportunities. You will be responsible for delivering advisory services that respond to the sustainability challenges of the LAC region and to our client’s needs. What you will doApply Now
- Manage a team of specialists based in headquarters and field offices to deliver advisory services. Coordinate with Segment Divisions to originate sustainable investment and advisory service opportunities with existing and potential clients.
- Strengthen and scale the advisory agenda and strategy, across departments and with our clients. Coordination and alignment with the ESG Safeguards Division and the Development Effectiveness Division will be crucial in order to ensure advisory opportunities properly address ESG risks and contribute to development effectiveness and impact. Coordinate with the relevant counterparts at the IDB to inform and bring to bear upstream work with the public sector in the region.
- Manage and update an Advisory Services product offering aimed at supporting IDB Invest clients and partners integrate sustainability considerations into their strategies.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of a knowledge agenda and a marketing strategy to position IDB Invest as a partner of choice for the private sector in Latin America and the Caribbean to respond to the region’s sustainable development challenges.
- Build capacity throughout the organization to increase our understanding and adoption of sustainability practices so that our values, our work with clients and our corporate practices are increasingly aligned with our mission. Ensure the organization meets its institutional targets on climate finance, gender, diversity and inclusion and MSME development.
- Lead the development of the corporate sustainability disclosure framework following the latest industry sustainability disclosure standards.
- Support partnership and fundraising efforts in order to mobilize public, private and philanthropic resources into our advisory agenda.