Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters Duty Stations.
- Ensure quarterly Data Collection, data Analysis, reporting for the primary objective of enabling evidence-based change management.
- Use AFRO information management processes and systems to classify, manage, store and transfer information on Transformation Agenda Initiatives.
- Analyzes, synthesizes and disseminates methodologies, lessons learned and best practices on change monitoring and evaluation, including quality improvement.
- Assist in identifying advocacy and communication opportunities for the Transformation Agenda, by monitoring the news and other key sources and managing internal and External Communications calendar.
- Draft a wide range of internal and external communications materials: briefings, infographics, animations, digital cards, short pagers, messages, newsletters, as well as PowerPoint, presentations, media releases, blogs, brochures and reports.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies.
- Identify opportunities for promoting Transformation Agenda outcomes in bulletin, newsletters, digital platforms and other tools of key partners, regional institutions, organizations and networks.
- Regularly provide analytics reports on engagement on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and other relevant channels and propose tactics and crafting content that lead to boost followers and enhance engagement with target audiences.
- Ensure information on the website and intranet is kept up to date, by working closely with the webmaster, communications Unit. This involves the preparation of informal translations.
- Conduct internal interviews, set up interviews, produce and edit videos, and posting stories, features, videos and photos on the main page and social media pages.
- Performs other duties as required
Master degree in public health, organisation, management, economics, development or social sciences24 Months
- Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to change. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to assist with data collection using various methods. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases.
- Proactive initiative and volunteering. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Spanish(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Portuguese(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Excellent excel and power point skills;
- Good management, communications, resource mobilization, public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel; ability to work with tight deadlines;
Accountability, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism