IDB2489 - Business Technology Lead Business Unit:Administration Complex Division:Not Applicable Department:Information Management and Disruptive Technology Department Contract type:Regular Staff Country:Saudi Arabia Location:Saudi Arabia - Jeddah Closing date:01-Oct-2020Apply Now
JOB PURPOSE:To lead the digital innovation solutions to IsDB through the Design and delivery of business-required services ensuring alignment to IsDB’s strategy, vision, and the President 5 years Program; and to upgrade the function to become a Business Disruptor. The lead is responsible for leading all IsDB innovation, from R&D and prototyping to coordinating with industry innovators and implementation with emerging technology service providers or the solution delivery division.
- Set the strategy, direction and operating model of IMDT’s digital and technology innovation for all IsDB internal business requirements, including research and development, business process re-engineering, ideation; tracking resourcing (internal and 3rd parties), investment, alignment to objective, pilots and proof of concepts and solution design, highly visible project progress to ensure alignment to IsDB’s strategy, vision and the President 5 years Program Manages
- Develop the skills and capacity of the business technology team, through knowledge sharing and task rotation, in line with the IMDT strategy to achieve the required stability, become a business partner, and leverage the team transforming it from a Business Enabler to a Business Disruptor.
- Collaborate and provide ideas with the Country Programs for ICT related initiatives to expand the innovation hub scope to business process and digitalization projects related to IT development in member countries
- Manage IMDT’s alignment of technology innovation initiatives with the Digitization team with the Science, Technology, and Innovation, minimizing duplication of work and supporting related initiatives to increase efficiency. In parallel builds the foundation for IMDT to lead the digitization work within IsDB.
- Establish resourcing framework to manage the sourcing, selection, Coordination, partnering and consultation with innovation partners across the globe for PoCs and/or implementations of selected use cases
- Manage the annual budget regarding the business technology from annual work program and operational budgets
- Study development in MDBs on related domains and changes in business models to identify latest technologies or new ways of adopting current technologies- Establish partnerships with other MDBs innovation hubs to run use-cases in other hubs or within IsDB hubs based on similar business areas
- Support the transformational manager on Change Management, and any awareness programs linked to Business Technology initiatives
- Set Team and individual objectives, conduct regular meetings, manage performance, develop and motivate staff, provide formal and informal feedback, and appraise performance to maximize subordinates and team performance under complex environment.
- Support or lead collaboration, and discussions with business complexes’ senior management on related areas of Business Technology for prioritization of use-cases and their development, budget, business process reengineering, etc., to support agreed implementations, achieve the required outcome and ensure value within IsDB is visible.
Education, Experience & Certification:Academic and professional qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT or similar field.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT environment, including at least five years’ experience in managerial role, and proven experience in innovation and digitization
Skills & Necessary Knowledge:
- Experience in digital and innovation strategy and transformation
- Project management
- Change management
- Experience as an EA, SA or BA is an advantage
- Business writing skills for reporting and management updates
- Highly adaptable to change and fluidity of the organizational needs to ensure team can perform under complex and uncertain environment and demands to achieve outcomes
- Client Centricity and Stakeholder
- Motivation to Learn and Share Knowledge
- Drive for Results
- Change & Transition Management
- Solutions and Result Management
- Innovation and Future Orientation
- Leadership and People Management
- International and Multicultural
- Communication and Partnership
- Bank Knowledge
- Business Process Knowledge
- Policies and Procedures