Under the supervision and leadership of the Fundraising Specialist, the Business Intelligence Associate will be in charge of processing accurate and timely data and thorough research and Analysis, in order to have a better understanding of our donors, the different fundraising strategies and the market, while ensuring the integrity and consistency of the data in the different systems used by UNICEF.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
Under the supervision and leadership of the Fundraising Specialist, the Business Intelligence Associate will be in charge of processing accurate and timely data and thorough research and analysis, in order to have a better understanding of our donors, the different fundraising strategies and the market, while ensuring the integrity and consistency of the data in the different systems used by UNICEF.
How can you make a difference?
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Develops sophisticated processes of Data Analysis and monitoring, to better understand our donors, the fundraising strategies and the market and to support decision making.
- Provides access to decision makers to better and more accurate and specific reports and analysis of the market and the Chile Country Office fundraising operation, looking for possible threats or opportunities.
- Develops complex reports and analysis of the donors' behavior and interaction with UNICEF, tailoring campaigns and programmers to the right donor segment, achieving higher profitability and developing long-term donor relationships.
- Defines and designs specific reports and dashboards on campaign performance to help decision making and investment opportunities.
- Keeps the dashboards timely updated and develops improvements when needed.
- Manages the data in the different systems used by the fundraising area, ensuring integrity and consistency.
- Defines and implements database uploading & maintenance criteria and security and confidentiality procedures.
- Develops periodical database reporting to audit database integrity, reporting inconsistencies and suggesting improvements where needed.
- Performs the adequate exportation and importation of donors’ records between UNICEF systems and selected suppliers and platforms, maintaining clean and consistent data, and controls the segmentation of data according to the specific needs of the area.
- Segments data according to the needs of the different fundraising campaigns and for the Donor Journey implementation.
- Performs or supervises all Banking and collecting of processes with the objective to maximize the monthly collection of donations.
- Supervises or processes the charges of donors’ contributions and the importation and exportation from and to the data base and the banking systems.
- Defines and updates the banking processes calendar as agreed with the supervisor and the management.
- Supervises or implements the banking responses upload to the donor management system, with the objective to ensure integrity in the data, including approved and rejected donations.
- Monitors the bank processing success rate and reports to the supervisor and management weekly, suggests and implements improvements in the processes to maximize the success rates in monthly payment processes.
- Leads the optimization, integration and automation of fundraising processes and new technology development, ensuring consistency of the data.
- Supervises the Data Base Administrator and prioritizes the workload and tasks, making plans to develop improvements and automation of the manual processes he/she is managing.
- Cross-functional Coordination
- Coordination and close collaboration with other areas, especially with the Fundraising team members and the Finance counterpart.
- Encourage and nurture an appropriate, fluent and effective bond with Fundraising Specialist and counterparts’ leaders, to access to key data.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Completion of secondary education. Technical and /or university level courses in Systems, Engineering, Marketing Analysis or any other related field relevant to the post is an asset but is not a requirement.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in systems, Database Management, market research and analysis or any other relevant function.
- Technical knowledge: Fluent in MS SQL, Advanced Power BI user, Advanced MS Excel user (Graphics, Pivot Tables, Advance Functions, Integration with other Databases, VBA, Macros and automation), Database: SSRS, MS SQL Report Builder, SQL Integration Services, Email Marketing Software (MailChimp, ConstantContact or similar)
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required. Excellent communication and writing skills in Spanish is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with Emergency is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are Analyzing, Planning and organizing, Applying Technical expertise, Following Instructions and Procedures.
View our competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
For foreign applicants, previously approved employment VISA authorization to work in Chile is required. If this is your case please upload visa documents/evidence in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Salary Estimator Tool - This tool enables you to calculate an estimate of the various elements of your salary and provides you with an overview, so you can better understand your finances and plan for future assignment.*
*While UNDP makes every attempt to ensure that information is up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.