The founding purpose of the Business for Goals (B4G) Platform is to build a bridge between the business community and Sustainable Development Goals and strengthen the role of businesses in sustainable development. The Platform has a participatory structure open to all enterprises and stakeholders which promotes thinking together, learning and working together.
Established by TURKONFED, TUSIAD and UNDP in 2019, the Business for Goals Platform serves as a platform open to all large-, medium- and small-sized enterprises willing to integrate the Sustainable Development Goals into their corporate policies and strategies, all public agencies keen on public-private partnership, local governments, academia, international organizations and non-governmental sector.
The Business for Goals Platform is a joint action platform established by the private sector to promote the Sustainable Development Goals and forge new partnerships.
Thematic Priority Areas of B4G are:
1. Climate Change and Disaster Resilience: Enabling enterprises to prepare for possible disasters and crises and strengthen their actions against climate change.
2. Future-Fit: Enabling enterprises both to meet current needs and prepare for the future economy.
3. Inclusive Growth: Implementing inclusive business models which will strengthen the economic participation of people of all walks of life.
The Platform fosters joint learning, development and work with its stakeholders. It takes steps to strengthen all stakeholders so that all can participate in the economy of the future working towards the Sustainable Development Goals in a sustainable development perspective.
Platform serves for multi-stakeholders from various backgrounds and promotes multi-stakeholder engagement as described above. Accordingly, communication and outreach strategy require specific focus to speak and address needs and expectations of these parties.
With an inclusive approach to implement platform’s activities in an effective and efficient way, and to implement the communication strategy in an efficient manner a senior consultant will be mobilized.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Business for Goals Project Team, the Intern will:
- Produce content to keep B4G Platform’s social media and website updated;
- Support preparation of Press Releases;
- Prepare presentations, documents and analyses for partner relations;
- Develop drafts reports/minutes of meetings in Turkish/English and translate documents, provide interpretation at the meetings when necessary;
- Assist the Project Team on administrative tasks in preparation of files, reports, records, Data Collection, classification, proper filing and Analysis;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organization of events, workshops, meetings, trainings and conferences;
- Update B4G Platform’s contact lists;
- Update records in the respective systems;
- Assist in keeping related information, documentation and correspondences;
- Provide support in day to day management of the project work;
- Assist in telephone inquiries, fax, post and e-mail transmissions and co-ordination of appointments;
- Perform any other administrative and logistical duties as requested by the Project Manager and Project Associate.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams,
- Ability to work under pressure against strict deadlines,
- Ability to think out-of-the-box,
- Good communication and organizational skills,
- Excellent time management and strong interpersonal skills,
- Attention to details and proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English and Turkish;
- Excellent drafting, written and verbal communication skills in both English and Turkish;
- Full computer literacy, good knowledge of MS Office applications and Internet use;
- Knowledge of basic graphic Design software/visual communication tools;
- Knowledge of social media trends and tools;
- Acquainted with Adobe CC Applications;
- Working experience in communications is an asset, but not required;
- Acquaintance with UNDP/UNV rules and procedures is an asset
Applicants to the UNDP Internship Programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Remuneration and Insurance
A stipend will be provided to the intern starting from 01 January 2020.( 1,219.87 TRY Monthly)
All substance, travel and accommodation costs must be borne by the intern.
In accordance with the relevant UN policies, the UN will not provide interns with any medical coverage.
The intern must be covered by an adequate medical and life insurance during the duration of his/her internship.
The incumbent of the position should strictly avoid
- any kind of discriminatory and abusive behaviour including gender-based discrimination
- any kind form of sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse
The incumbent of the position should ensure that
- Human Rights and Gender Equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender is respected within all implementations including data production;
- differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- necessary arrangements to provide Gender Parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced;
- zero tolerance principle to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse is prioritized.
UNDP prioritizes gender equality and women's empowerment approach in all its actions, workplace relations and implementations as well as gender parity in representation to create a workplace which is equally inclusive of women, men and persons with other gender identities. Temporary special measures will be instituted to ensure appointment of personnel of under-represented genders at grades and in roles where they are under-represented
Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.