Based on the mutual understanding that there are many potential new business opportunities between EBRD and Italy, both the SME Finance and Development Group (SME F&D) and the Business Development Team (BD Team) have agreed to a cooperation to create an Italian desk. The Italian desk will be based within SME F&D in collaboration and Coordination with sectors teams (STs) and BD Team. The Analyst will be placed within the Italian desk and he/she will have several functions to facilitate business development activities and generate leads that SME F&D and the BD Team can explore further, identify potential EBRD co-investors in Italy, and help the Bank raise awareness with Italian entities. He/she will also have the function to promote and organise business-matching activities of businesses from the EBRD’s Countries of Operations to Italy, by assisting them to access know-how and non-financial business development services, create linkages with other companies in the same industry, facilitate exchange of knowledge and foster potential partnerships with leading companies in the Italian market. Based on the above, it is required that the Analyst will have excellent written and verbal communications skills with fluency in Italian and English language, and a good knowledge of the Italian business community, which allows the identification of Italian businesses aimed at generating new business opportunities for EBRD with Italian sponsors. Particular focus will be given to analyse investment opportunities and challenges in the Western Balkans countries, in connection with the investment activity of the Enterprise Expansion Fund 2 (ENEF). ENEF is an investment fund set-up by the EBRD and the EU together with the EIB/EIF, Italy, and other institutional investors. The Fund provides equity, quasi-equity and to a limited extent debt funding to SMEs in the Western Balkans. Phase 1 of the Fund was successfully completed in July 2020, and a Phase 2 will be launched in 2021. Purpose of Job Business Development is an essential part of the business cycle to help ensure the sustainability of the Bank’s pipeline, support its overall external visibility, as well as expand the Bank’s network across the regions and investor base. The set of business development deliverables requires a systematic strategic approach to outlook and planning; consistent leadership externally as well as internally across a number of teams; and constant innovation in respect of business development delivery products, channels and formats. The Analyst provides pro-active support to the Director, Head of Business Development team and to BD managers in the effective promotion of the Bank's capabilities to its clients by facilitating business development activities focusing on deal origination as well as awareness rising. Accountabilities & ResponsibilitiesApply Now
- Support the BDU managers in the effective promotion of the Bank's capabilities to its clients by facilitating business development activities, focusing on deal origination, and raising awareness of the Bank.
- To work closely together with Business Development managers in all aspects of coordination of marketing business development visits of EBRD senior management (includes President, FVP and BGDs)
- To research, analyse and prepare marketing materials for meetings (comprehensive Briefing Packs, presentations, etc);
- To provide research and in-depth background information on companies or sectors and to prepare supporting marketing materials such as presentations, pitch books, deal tombstones, etc.
- To take part (in close coordination with Banking and Communications) in organising and coordinating EBRD’s own and externally co-sponsored seminars/events to promote EBRD’s countries of operations and to market the Bank as a partner for the investment projects:
- To coordinate the organisation of the Regional business development events in EBRD’s the countries of operations (liaise with local authorities to ensure support for the event, liaise with Banking teams to identify priority sectors, programme, logistical arrangements, marketing materials, etc);
- To maintain and regularly update essential marketing materials (including but not limited to; presentations, pitch books, deal tombstones, etc.);
- To maintain and timely updated existing Business Development databases (Client Relationship Management Database, BTOR, Slides Library, Deal tombstones and Lucites, BD intranet area;)
- To maintain accessibility and quality of relevant information and respond to information requests in a timely manner;
- Corporate and/or business development, marketing and research experience from a leading investment/merchant or commercial organisation.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of banking project cycle.
- Good knowledge and understanding of key marketing principles.
- Knowledge of Banking Department's procedures and the Bank's rules and would be an advantage;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), knowledge and maintenance of various BDU databases (BTOR, CRM, Slides Library and Documentum), knowledge of Bank’s systems (SAP, DTM, ERD Business Contacts, Data Warehouse), internet search engines
- Prior experience in central and Eastern Europe/former Soviet Union and/or SEMED is desirable