Job Summary: Performs a variety of financial duties, including core and/or field activity budgets, donor reports, and sub award management. Prepares and justify proposal and/or operational budgets and assisting with workforce planning to ensure all work meets deadlines. Handles special projects and th e development of training materials, review of operational budget Analysis, and budget system/report testing. Prepares annual program and General and Administrative (G&A) budgets with periodic updates as needed. Performs monthly Financial Analysis for portfolios (Departments) and direct projects as assigned. Prepares and distributes monthly management financial reports. Provide financial guidance to program and field office staff. Provide training to supporting program personnel on Financial Reporting systems and procedures. Develop, monitor, and adjust fiscal year budgets. Perform Actual vs. Budget analysis, forecasting, cost allocation and tracking, and other quantitative and qualitative analyses. Review and validate sub-recipient’s requests for reimbursement and budgetary compliance. Prepare routine monthly financial and labor related reports to be distributed to Senior Management, and international/domestic program, technical and financial staff. Follows up with international/domestic program, technical and financial staff to obtain and/or verify financial and budget information to ensure quality budget/fiscal controls. Assist in the Design and maintenance of supporting financial modules related to grants, awards, and Contract Management. Assists in development of best practices and training initiatives as requested.Apply Now
- Assist in the review of program budgets and expenditures.
- Regularly monitors the budget; conducts analysis on discrepancies and ensure adherence to applicable regulations.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of review and submission of budget revisions and are familiar with the budget systems.
- Analyzes spending patterns and identifies potential areas of concerns.
- Assists in providing technical guidance to staff relative to budgetary guidelines and laws.
- Prepares a variety of analyses, reports, and comparisons, as required.
- Performs a limited variety of recurring and related tasks/functions using steps/processes/applications that are readily understood.
- Provides assistance to others by troubleshooting simple technical problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic knowledge of the principles of the company’s budgetary processes.
- Familiarity with the general accounting/financial principles and methods in budgeting and administrative management.
- Makes basic determinations by following specific guidelines, standard operating procedures, laws, rules, and/or regulations.
- Commits to action and implements decisions within agreed/reasonable time.
- Clarifies the current situation, shares information openly, and identifies issues and concerns of appropriate parties.
- Identifies points of agreement/disagreement and considers the needs and viewpoints of appropriate parties.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Takes requests from others to solve problems of limited complexity.
- Identifies, understands and determines the significance of issues, causes, problems, and opportunities.
- Utilizes available resources to correctly determine the issues and problems.
- Implements standard course(s) of action to resolve issues within established timeframes and administrative and technical requirements.
- Identifies and acknowledges basic components of delivery systems.
- Seeks resolution to problems.
- Work is closely supervised.
- Follows specific, detailed instructions.
- Consults supervisor as necessary prior to making determinations or conclusions.
- Involves supervisor when dealing with issues to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Contributions are closely supervised and detailed reviews are regularly made with line management to ensure any errors a spotted early and corrected to ensure that they have no or minimal effect on the organization.
- Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience in a professional business environment.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, and in ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Computerized accounting software experience required.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Articulate and professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- Less than 10%