The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Finance Directorate (FI) - Planning and Settlement of Operations Department (PRO) - Contracts and Disbursements Division (C&D) New Products & Technical Support Unit (NPTS) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Banking Business Analyst/Officer. This is a full-time position at grade 4/5. The term of this contract will be 4 years Panel interviews are anticipated for September 2020 The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.Apply Now
PurposeAs Banking Business Analyst/Officer (internally referred to as (Associate) Transaction Processing and Management Officer) you will conduct key business Analysis and users support processes related to capturing and implementing new products/workflows/systems, but also existing structures in the Back Office Lending system (WallStreet Systems CLM), in order to ensure the alignment of these with operational needs.
Operating NetworkYou will report to the Head of Unit and closely co-operate with the other units of the Back-Office Lending Divisions. You will also be in working contact with WSS-CLM users in FI (Finance Directorate). The (Associate) Transaction Processing and Management Officer will also cooperate with other parts of the Bank like OPS (Operations), TMR (Transaction Management and Restructuring), FC (Financial Control) and RM (Risk Management) regarding business aspects and with support teams (SDM/IT on technical aspects.
- Analyses, coordinates and writes business cases on different projects of variable complexity in the area of lending operations.
- Provides business, as well as relevant applications’ configuration, support, in the context of new products/workflows/systems.
- Acts as the contact point and/or represents the Back office Lending Divisions in working groups and transversal initiatives.
- Proposes and monitors the implementation of WSS-CLM improvements with respect to the processes relating to transversal projects and to the treatment of complex loans operations.
- Gathers and prioritizes Back Office Lending divisions’ requirements for maintenance and developments (business projects).
- Registers change requests in EIB-related System (SmartIT), specify the detailed requirements, follows up and informs Back Office divisions when the solution is delivered.
- Execute User Acceptance Tests (UAT) to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are implemented properly and meet objectives.
- Promotes EIB Web portal (ClientConnect) to Bank’s clients.
- Provides Business Support to Banks’s clients already connected to ClientConnect application, as contact point for Back-Office Lending Divisions.
- Provides support in the Co-ordination of the second level control of the coherence, the conformity and the application of the procedures of the Direction with the Bank’s guidelines, rules and procedures as well as with the norms of the regulatory bodies.
- University degree in the fields of information technology, mathematics or finance
- At least 3 years professional experience acquired in a major financial institution in Front-, Middle- or Back-Office, or as business consultant in Banking/Finance area.
- Solid experience as Business analyst
- Knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices
- Proven knowledge of financial instruments (such as Loan, Equity/Fund, Guarantee) and relevant business processes (such as post-disbursement event processing)
- Knowledge of ION/WallStreet Suite would be considered as an advantage
- Project Management Certification, either Prince2, PMP/PMI or PM² would be considered as an advantage
- Skilled in computer sciences (Expert EXCEL user, knowledge of SQL and of VBA or another programming language) would be considered as a distinct advantage
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and good command of French (*). Knowledge of another language of the European Union would be an asset.