Organ: The General Secretariat directs all the administrative and Financial Aspects of the Union's activities, including the implementation of the provisions of the administrative regulations on operational questions, the dissemination of information on telecommunication matters for operational and other purposes, the provision of legal advice to the Bureaux of the Union and the departments of the General Secretariat, logistic support to the Union's activities including conferences, the Coordination of the work of the Union with other international organizations, the dissemination of information to the Member States and Sector Members, press, corporate and individual users of telecommunications and the general public. The General Secretariat is also responsible for the organization of world telecommunication exhibitions and forums. Organization Unit: Within the General Secretariat, the Human Resources Management Department (HRMD) advises the Secretary General on Human Resources Management. It manages ITU's resources ensuring consistency with ITU strategies, policies, regulations and rules as well as UN Common System policies. It efficiently manages the human capital of the Union; creates a stimulating and supportive work environment and encourages organizational creativity and performance measurement based on results. Duties / ResponsibilitiesUnder the overall guidance of the Chief Human Resources Management Department (HRMD) and the direct supervision of the Head Human Resources Planning and Development (HRPD), the incumbent will perform the following duties:Apply Now
- Carry out psychosocial risk assessment at ITU, in line with all components of the first stage of the assessment phase of the ITU Mental Health Strategy; and take part in Analysis on findings of data quantitative and qualitative.
- Undertake research on the best practices to address the most prevalent workplace issues, to input on wellbeing and mental health activities.
- Assist the Chief HRMD to develop and distribute communication tools promoting the importance of wellbeing/mental health at ITU, in line with its Mental Health Strategy and the HR Strategic Plan.
- Compile a database of policies and procedures pertaining to wellbeing/mental health/mental illness in the workplace.
- Assist the Head HRPD, in collaboration with the team of HRPD, in the Design and elaboration of new well-being and mental health trainings - in line with Prevention/Mitigation trainings of the MH Strategy and the Staff Engagement pillar of the HR Strategic Plan.
- Develop software programme systems, in consultation with the Chief, HRMD and Medical Service, allowing to identify psychosocial hazards and enabling to target support at individual and systemic levels.
- Develop and update the intranet segments pertaining to the Staff Counselling at ITU.
- Put in place efficient record keeping for case management and follow-up.
- Attend and summarize meetings related to psycho-social, well-being and mental health fields.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
- Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Essential Functional Competencies: Planning and Organizing; Analysis, Judgement and Decision-Making; Client and Service Orientation, and; Innovation and Facilitating Change.
- Essential Technical Competencies: Advanced computer skills. Ability to work efficiently in a multicultural environment. Interest in societal, technical, and policy-related issues pertaining to ethics.