World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Associate Specialist, Digital Content. The Editorial Coordinator primarily supports the creation and delivery of content for worldwildlife.org and other Editorial platforms, providing additional support for asset-gathering efforts, the creation of multiplatform story packages, and other editorial tasks associated with existing and future Editorial team goals.
- Assists with all components of digital content Coordination including daily website updates, photo research, videos, story conception and creation, Design and management.
- Researches, writes, and updates editorial content for worldwildlife.org.
- Updates and coordinates input on the Editorial Calendar.
- Works closely with Webteam on content maintenance, design, production, and technical implementation.
- Collaborates with other Communications teams and program representatives in creation and production of digital content.
- Works with members of the Editorial team to gauge re-purposing and re-packaging potential of existing content for other digital platforms and achieve optimal pick up with on target SEO optimization.
- Supports Editorial team asset-gathering efforts, including photos, videos, stories and other assets.
- Performs administrative and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or minimum 2 years of relevant work experience developing, coordinating and managing the process of creating and updating digital content is required.
- Experience in the development of Digital Communications materials, and relevant writing and editorial experience are required. Knowledge of conservation is a plus but not required.
- Excellent digital writing and editing skills, with proven experience in coordinating digital content from concept, creation, refinement and deployment.
- Proven experience generating content to distribute across digital channels, including websites, Social Media, e-mail and mobile.
- Familiarity with best practices for web design, information architecture, web writing, and web User Interface.
- Excellent oral and written communications, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong news sense and story conceptualization skills. Innovative and creative thinking is essential.
- Knowledge of electronic publishing and online systems and ability to work in CMS, and other web platforms, including basic ability to editing/upload video and audio is essential.
- Image editing skills required to allow for updates to web content as well as troubleshooting issues.
- Ability to work effectively within an evolving international organization.
- Must be clear, concise, detail-oriented, accurate, and skilled at building consensus among a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Able to communicate complex work and translate scientific concepts into messages that are compelling and easy to understand for broad and diverse audiences.
- Success in this position requires a detail-oriented individual with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment where shifting priorities are common.
- Adobe Suite experience is a plus
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #20077
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.