The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Projects Directorate (PJ) - Safeguards and Quality Management Department (SQM) – Project Impact and Reporting Division (MPACT), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Associate) Reporting Officer. This is a full time position at grade 4/5.
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning of September 2020.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The (Associate) Reporting Officer (internally referred to as (Associate) Officer) will provide expertise concerning data governance, data reporting, project results management, and business analysis, and drive the development, implementation and maintenance of IT applications supporting the Project Directorate, in order to ensure high quality reporting and communication objectives of the organisation and to meet its functional and technology needs.
You will report to the Head of Division of the IMPACT division in the Safeguards & Quality Management (SQM) Department. You will support the work and development of PJ/SQM/IMPACT through your contribution to providing relevant business reports in decision making process, implementing and ensuring efficient data management processes, coordination on all matters related data and reporting, and supporting relevant quality management initiatives including the proposal of related changes in systems and procedures.
- Build, maintain and strengthen data management and reporting systems using specialised tools, in particular Business Object, in order to support decision making and communication for PJ SQM and sector departments, other directorates, and members of the Management Committee.
- Contribute to the preparation of factsheets and reports (e.g. project appraisal reports, various annual EIB publications, sector and Group Operational Plan objectives) for current and future frameworks or initiatives (such as the Additionality and Impact Measurement Framework, 3 Pillar Assessment, Results Measurement, Carbon Footprint, etc.) to ensure high quality, reliable information to senior management and stakeholders.
- Design and develop new indicator summary sheets and other specific data collections for project results and impact management, in response to information needs of PJ’s and bank-wide operations and initiatives.
- Identify PJ business requirements in relation to project appraisal, impact assessment and monitoring, and in terms of learning processes from data collection, in order to improve project risk assessment and strengthen forecasting capabilities at both project and organisational levels.
- Manage data quality, perform regular data integrity checks for the different systems used within PJ (Serapis, GED, etc.), and propose changes where necessary, in order to assure to the organisation the accuracy and consistency of all project related data.
- Analyse business requirements, specifications, impact on business processes, rules, procedures, resources, in order to facilitate the interface with IT development teams and coordinate the translation of business requirements into functional specifications.
- Collaborate with IT development teams on the implementation or update of IT systems for PJ, and test new releases.
- Review, enhance, or design new business related processes and procedures; update relevant functional and procedural documentation and user manuals, and inform PJ staff of changes, including through dedicated training and workshops where necessary.
- Provide analysis, solutions or other professional support to PJ staff, in order to ensure effective, smooth functioning of IT systems.
- Represent PJ in Bank-wide initiatives and inter-Directorate working groups, in close cooperation with PJ departments, as appropriate.
- University degree in a relevant domain, preferably IT, Information Management or any other technical domain,
- At least three years of relevant professional experience in business data management and IT system analysis and testing,
- Hands-on knowledge of Business Objects (SAP) or similar
- Experience with in the maintenance of databases, or IT project management (drafting of business cases and follow-up of deadlines),or structured testing approach and IT support to final users,
- Excellent presentation skills to organise workshops with PJ users during requirement analysis,
- Good understanding of how new technologies can be applied to business processes and knowledge of IT market trends and developments in the assigned business domain
- Some Knowledge of best practice frameworks (e.g. PMBOK, DMBOK, BPMN, UML)
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and good command of French (*). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: Thursday, 2nd July 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.