The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Financial Control Directorate (FC) – Financial Reporting and Accounting Department (FRA) – Financial Reporting Division (FRD) – Lending Accounting Unit at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Associate) Reporting and Accounting Officer. This is a full time position at grade 4/5. The term of this contract will be 4 years. Panel interviews are anticipated for mid September. The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.Apply Now
PurposeAs the (Associate) Reporting and Accounting Officer, internally referred to as (Associate) Officer Financial Accounting, you will evaluate the introduction of new accounting regulations (EUGAAP and IFRS) to formulate recommendations on their impact on the accounting policies and financial reports within the EIB Group. You will carry out the analytical review of sections of accounting and financial reports in order to detect any anomaly/inaccuracy. Moreover, you will be in charge to perform accounting and Analysis" id="link" class="link">Technical Analysis in cooperation with other Bank’s services (Front, Back, IT, Risk…).
Operating NetworkAs the Reporting and Accounting Officer, you will work within the Financial Reporting Division in autonomy, but as well in close cooperation with the entire Department and other services inside and outside the EIB Group.
- Hold responsibility for executing accounting and control processes in order to ensure the accurate and timely production of the financial statements and other financial reports in compliance with the relevant EU directives and the International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Contribute to the communication of accounting related strategies, policies and procedures throughout the organisation;
- Follow up in-depth the latest developments in IFRS and European Directives on accounting standards relevant to the EIB, as well as more generally stay abreast of best practice in the accounting and financial regulatory area;
- Maintain external and internal relations relating to financial accounting.
- University degree in accounting, finance or related fields;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role in accounting, finance and related areas in the Banking sector and/or with a major audit firm;
- Deep understanding of IFRS and of European Directives on accounting;
- Understanding of the relationship between financial risk hedging, ALM policies and financial reports, consolidation, in depth knowledge of Financial Instruments (debt and equity) and investment structures including securitisation.
- An internationally recognized professional accounting or finance Analyst qualification (ACCA, CFA, FRM…) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Software Applications such as Peoplesoft GL, Wall Street Suite, Business Objects will be an asset ;
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, and ideally VBA;
- Very good knowledge of the standard Office tools;
- Fluent in English and/or French (*). Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.